Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for quite some time now but haven't felt the need to get in the conversation. Well all that has changed now that I picked up the Incredible. I was originally waiting for the Nexus One on Verizon but when it was learned we would not be getting it, I turned my attention to the Inc instead. This is easily the most amazing phone I've ever owned (I came from a Storm, which I defended for some time until I ran out of excuses to make for it).

Anyway, I was wondering if I might be able to get some assistance with a few issues that have started to pop up.

1) Bluetooth Music - I like to play music off my droid in my car via bluetooth. Unfortunately, the connection seems to "pause" for 1-2 seconds from time to time. I never had this problem with the connection on my Storm and my brother, who has the Inc, is having the same problem. It also does not matter if we are playing music off the SD or streaming pandora. Anyone else know what this is or why it's happening?

2)Facebook Notifications - I realize they are not going to come in right away. However, I have it set at 30 minute intervals but they definitely are not coming in every 30 minutes. Most of the time I need to do a manual refresh or if I power off the phone and back on, they'll come in.

3) Wifi Connection - My wifi connection seems to disconnect itself if my phone is not in use for an extended period of time, perhaps 20-30 mins. Is this normal? This is frustrating to me because I have horrible signal at my house and depend on an always on gtalk connection to receive ims. Anyone know if it is intended that way or a way I can fix this.

Much appreciation for any help I can get. This forum has been extremely helpful and informative to me and I look forward to being a part of the discussion for much time to come.
    05-09-2010 11:48 AM
    3) Wifi Connection - My wifi connection seems to disconnect itself if my phone is not in use for an extended period of time, perhaps 20-30 mins. Is this normal? This is frustrating to me because I have horrible signal at my house and depend on an always on gtalk connection to receive ims. Anyone know if it is intended that way or a way I can fix this.
    Hello, and welcome to the forums!

To fix this, go to: Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi settings>Menu>Advanced>Wi-Fi Sleep Policy>Never

This will cause your Wi-Fi to stay connected as long as it is in range of a network. If you have a stable connection, it will also save battery life instead of using 3G.
    05-09-2010 01:41 PM
    Strygun, thanks so much. I went deep into wifi settings to look previously but never thought to hit menu to see if there were advanced options. This worked. Thank you

Anyone have any ideas for the other two?
    05-09-2010 01:52 PM
    The facebook issue I honestly think is something going on with facebook from time to time. The reason I say this is because the wifes Eris does the same thing now, but when she first got the phone it didn't do it. Or it could have something to do with your WiFi turning off. Since you have changed the WiFi sleep mode has it improved any? Are you sure you are getting any updates every 30 minutes? Maybe there is nothing to push to you?

I haven't tried playing music through Bluetooth yet, no lucky enough to have a BT radio, but if it quits playing every few minutes no matter if it's pandora or mp3's it sounds like the pairing between devices is being broke. I looked through the settings and there doesn't seem to be any timeout setting for the BT. This sounds stupid, but are you laying the phone face down when playing? Maybe the proximity sensor thinks you're turning the phone over to mute it?

Have you tried searching the radio manufacture's website to see if they have an update to your radio? I suppose it's a car radio? Their are people online reporting the same or similar issue and it ended up being fixed by an update from the manufacture or the car or radio.
    05-09-2010 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD