I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection keeps disconnecting
    I see the icon, and later it's gone. the status states it scanning.
    I can reconnect by turning it off then back on.
    But why does it disconnect?
    05-09-2010 12:04 PM
    Read the article on the home page about battery life... Go into the WiFi settings, hit menu, select advanced, WiFi sleep policy, and set to Never.

See if that helps.
    05-09-2010 12:06 PM
    this was already done.
    05-09-2010 12:08 PM
    Maybe its losing the wifi signal and disconnecting?
    05-09-2010 12:17 PM
    but shouldn't it reconnect when the signal increases?
    05-09-2010 12:33 PM
    Sounds like your signal is getting some interference. Try another channel (in your router settings).

It could also be something crazy. I'm an aquarium geek too, and have this amazing pump that transmits EMF through the glass so the pump has no wires in the tank. It's in my office where the house's WiFi router is. If I run the pump speed very low, WiFi cuts out because it interferes with the signal. Cordless phones, Microwave ovens, and OTA digital TV signal have been known to do the same thing.
    Tony Vangel likes this.
    05-09-2010 01:16 PM
    It is built into android. Go into your wireless settings for wireless then click Wifi settings. Hit your menu key and select advanced. Then Wi-Fi Sleep Policy. Select after 15 minutes, never when plugged in or never. Problem solved.

If that didn't solve your problem go into your wireless router setting and make sure the client less time isn't too low, and make sure you have a strong signal. For instance if your AP is up stairs and you stay downstairs it could be having signal issues.
    05-09-2010 02:54 PM
    I am having difficulty with the wifi on my phone. All other devices that utilize the wifi in our house are working fine. It constantly cycles between scanning, connecting, obtaining IP address, then connects. If I am using the internet I keep getting error messages saying the phone cannot find the page I am looking for. When I click retry it finds it.

I have tried turning the phone off and on, changing the wifi sleep policy, using static IP, and turning the wifi off and on. I would apprecite any advice. Thanks! Melissa
    04-25-2012 09:40 PM
    I am having difficulty with the wifi on my phone. All other devices that utilize the wifi in our house are working fine. It constantly cycles between scanning, connecting, obtaining IP address, then connects. If I am using the internet I keep getting error messages saying the phone cannot find the page I am looking for. When I click retry it finds it.

I have tried turning the phone off and on, changing the wifi sleep policy, using static IP, and turning the wifi off and on. I would apprecite any advice. Thanks! Melissa
    Like the others said... Try changing your Wi-Fi signal

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    04-25-2012 09:43 PM
    I have checked settings on the phone but how do I check or alter my private router settings? It is BT home hub5.
    10-21-2016 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD