Had an odd issue with my Inc today. My phoned buzzed from an email and I took it out of the holster and hit the screen lock and then swiped the screen to unlock an go to the homepage. All was normal until the phone kept going by itself to the last page to the right of the homepage. Everytime i went back to the home page it would go back to the right. I turned the phone off and back on and it did it again, then stopped after a few minutes. Anyone experience this?
    05-10-2010 09:39 PM
    Not exactly. I have noticed that my Incredible when I unlock it goes one screen to the left. I did find out why...when I was unlocking my phone my finger was brushing the optical track pad a little. That doesn't doing like your problem...but maybe just a glitch. Oh and I'm left handed.
    05-10-2010 10:21 PM
    this happened to me pretty often! i went in store and they did some trouble shooting with me and it still happened. so i called the tech support and they are sending me a new phone this week. hopefully the new one won't have this problem, either!
    05-11-2010 12:24 AM
    im thinking its a software issue? or im wrong my also does this....maybe ill send mines in and get a new phone aswell and hopefully not a refurbish one! i want a brand spanking new one
    05-11-2010 12:26 AM
    mine was doing this yesterday. I took it to Verizon they played around with it did a battery pull and it started working normally again, she said that they were told a new software update was coming soon and that it would fix a lot of the little problems in the software that people are having hopefully she is rite and wasn't blowing smoke up my you know
    05-11-2010 07:44 AM
    I am having the same issue; I searched for it but this thread did not come up so I posted one about this issue and an issue with derbis getting under my camera.

My screen does the same thing! It is annoying. That paired with the camera problem I may be making a trip to the VZW store soon.
    05-11-2010 11:20 AM
    Its the trackpad... rub the trackpad with your thumb as trying to wipe it clean. It works for me 99.99999999% of the time.
    05-11-2010 11:32 AM
    This happened to me just yesterday. It happened right after my phone completely died to the point I couldn't turn it on again after I fully charged the battery. I want to think it had to do with the battery, but maybe it does have to do with the trackpad. I did fool around with the trackpad a little while this was occuring, and I did a G-sensor calibration and so far it hasn't returned.

Maybe its a combination of a low or dead battery and the trackpad. If you can't get it to go away, I would try using the trackpad a little, then doing a g-sensor calibration, and maybe a full power off reboot. I didn't do the reboot, but ymmv. I also didn't need to do a battery pull for mine to fix itself, but in some cases that may be necessary (as much as that sucks).
    05-12-2010 07:43 AM
    This happened to me just yesterday. It happened right after my phone completely died to the point I couldn't turn it on again after I fully charged the battery. I want to think it had to do with the battery, but maybe it does have to do with the trackpad. I did fool around with the trackpad a little while this was occuring, and I did a G-sensor calibration and so far it hasn't returned.

Maybe its a combination of a low or dead battery and the trackpad. If you can't get it to go away, I would try using the trackpad a little, then doing a g-sensor calibration, and maybe a full power off reboot. I didn't do the reboot, but ymmv. I also didn't need to do a battery pull for mine to fix itself, but in some cases that may be necessary (as much as that sucks).
    If it's something you have to do everyday or every couple of days, IMHO, the phone needs to go back to the store. That doesn't sound right.
    05-12-2010 09:17 AM
    If it's something you have to do everyday or every couple of days, IMHO, the phone needs to go back to the store. That doesn't sound right.
    I agree. Mine happened directly after the battery going dead and being charged back up, so I don't know really if anything other than that causes it.

I don't use the optical trackpad much, but maybe some dust or something is getting in there..I dunno. Its only happened to me once..so time will tell I guess.
    05-12-2010 09:28 AM
    I have a theory that it has to do with lighting; everytime it happens my phone has been lying completely flat and either charging via cord or usb. Both spots have an overhead light directly over the phone. Try this, I did and the screen stopped freaking out:

Hold your hand flat about a foot over the phones trackpad creating a shadow. If it stops like mine did we know that the track pad is way too sensitive and light manipulates it.

Doing this stopps the occourance instantly for me. IMHO this should not happen though. The phone should be able to sit on my desk and charge without freaking our. If anyone wonders, this is not a desk lamp and it is 58" over the surface of my desk (not too close to the phone.
    05-12-2010 11:42 AM
    This just happened to me and I think it has something to do with the optical track pad. Once I cleaned that off it stopped scrolling to the right on it's own. I couldn't visibly see anything on it but i think i might have had some oil on my finger and brushed that track pad by mistake.
    06-15-2010 11:40 AM
    on my 3rd Inc. right now because of this issue! VZW reps didn't know how to put phone in safe mode to figure out if it was a hardware or software issue so the only thing they could do was order me another phone.
    06-15-2010 09:51 PM
    when mine does this I just move the track pad around for a second and it stops, doesn't happen very often but when it does this stops it every time
    06-16-2010 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD