The speaker phone on the Incredible works OK some times. Other times, it cuts out 3/4 of the words. This morning it starting doing it in the middle of a conversation while driving to work, so I picked up the phone to talk directly and got a $142 ticket. Argggg.
    05-11-2010 12:45 PM
    and that's why they sell headsets.
    05-11-2010 12:51 PM
    Wow! $142 bucks....

Blue Eagle 2 Blue Tooth headset ~ $100

Comfortable long wear bluetooth headset. Not conventional, a bit large, but works fantastic in a vehicle, office... etc.

The Blue Eagle 2 is a a headset with an ear cushion that goes on top of the ear, with a head strap that goes over the head. There is a box under the ear piece that contains the controls and the batteries and a boom mike that is very maneuverable that can go under the mouth for optional use.

The battery life is extraordinary, with talk time up to about 14 hours and standby going days.

Been using one since September.
    05-11-2010 01:03 PM
    Thats okay, starting in June in Michigan if you so much as even touch your phone while in a vehicle you'll be pulled over and ticketed for texting. Since you cannot prove that you have or haven't been texting, they'll just ticket you anyway.
    05-11-2010 01:09 PM
    Ouch...makes me glad my car has built in bt speakerphone.
    05-11-2010 01:10 PM
    Thats okay, starting in June in Michigan if you so much as even touch your phone while in a vehicle you'll be pulled over and ticketed for texting. Since you cannot prove that you have or haven't been texting, they'll just ticket you anyway.
    I thought that started already.

I can't see that lasting very long in a court proceeding. I think its just a way for the state to make money. Its a moving violation, right? So it costs points that jack your insurance rates. You go to court, get bumped to something with no points, pay fine and your done....and state gets the money anyways.

I don't understand how they can get away with not being able to prove you are texting or not. If I got a ticket I didn't deserve I would think an appropiate fight would just be to pull phone records and show that I wasn't doing it.

Anyways, still sucks.
    05-11-2010 01:15 PM
    I thought that started already.

I can't see that lasting very long in a court proceeding. I think its just a way for the state to make money. Its a moving violation, right? So it costs points that jack your insurance rates. You go to court, get bumped to something with no points, pay fine and your done....and state gets the money anyways.

I don't understand how they can get away with not being able to prove you are texting or not. If I got a ticket I didn't deserve I would think an appropiate fight would just be to pull phone records and show that I wasn't doing it.

Anyways, still sucks.
    The law states You'll get a ticket if you send or receive texts or emails while driving.

And they passed two bills with it stating that no points can be taken against your license. I'm gonna start a thread about cell phone usage and laws in the General chat session so we don't clog up this forum.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...252#post101252

there we go!
    05-11-2010 01:22 PM
    I love my bluetooth. It lays ON the ear, not inside it, and is awesome. And cheap: Amazon.com: LG HBM-550 Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Service
    05-11-2010 01:23 PM
    you should be able to fight that by using the timestamps on the texts.

provided you weren't texting that is
    05-11-2010 02:03 PM
    Glad I live in Florida. I rarely talk on the phone and drive. When I do It's always very short. Either way it's nice to know that I'm not getting pulled over for talking on the phone when driving. Period.
    05-11-2010 03:05 PM
    Wow that sucks. In Richmond VA their is law against talking on your cell phone in the city limits. State wide its ilegal to text or email while driving if your under 21.

Glad I got the BT installed in my GTI and I just keep a headset in my little puddle jumper Hyundai.
    05-11-2010 03:37 PM
    you should be able to fight that by using the timestamps on the texts.

provided you weren't texting that is
    You would have to obtain a certified listing of text both to and from the phone to provide that type of evidence. The messages on your phone would be of no use as you can delete texts from it. Not sure how hard it is to get that from Verizon.

Note that I said TO and from, since reading a text while driving is most likely an infraction as well. Some states it is touching the phone for any purpose.

FL won't be immune to these types of laws for long. Every state will have them.
    05-11-2010 03:39 PM
    U expected to hear the speakerphone well in a moving vehicle?
    05-11-2010 03:47 PM
    You would have to obtain a certified listing of text both to and from the phone to provide that type of evidence. The messages on your phone would be of no use as you can delete texts from it. Not sure how hard it is to get that from Verizon.

Note that I said TO and from, since reading a text while driving is most likely an infraction as well. Some states it is touching the phone for any purpose.

FL won't be immune to these types of laws for long. Every state will have them.
    Go to your "My Verizon" page and you should be able to print/download the history of your texts
    05-11-2010 04:34 PM
    Yes you can, but you most likely won't be able to use it in court.

You would most likely need to get a certified version of it. Even then, it doesn't prove you were not playing with the phone when you got caught. Could be a text message from 3 hours before you were reading. Either way, I think you are cooked.

I'm Not an Attorney.
    05-11-2010 04:54 PM
    well it's time to buy some stocks in companies that make bluetooth then
    05-11-2010 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD