traffic app widget

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Since gb update, maps process is constant 1% drain on battery. One program I see under manage applications is traffic app widget. I do not ever remember downloading this, but its there and running. I can hit stop, and even force stop. Pops right back up every time. Any other ideas how to kill this. I had great battery life till gb, now is horrible. And am looking to find my battery hogs. Any ideas folks?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I recently found that same Traffic widget on my phone, but didn't touch. I don't have the GB update pushed to my phone, either.

OverLordOfYou

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok don't kill me if I'm wrong but I believe what your talking about is actually a widget installed with an update of Google maps. If you go and

add a widget-> traffic

It then gives you an option to add a start and end destination. Then it will add the widget that looks like a traffic light. Once you activate it it will display a green, yellow or red light indicating the level of traffic. You may (not sure BC I haven't seen the major drain so haven't needed to look into it) force close Google maps. It would only make sense that since its a widget directly used for maps by maps if maps is closed it can't run so no maps on = no drain from widget.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie