11-20-2011 02:37 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    As much as I've loved this phone, and I'm very intrigued by the Vigor/Rezound, I don't think I can justify buying another HTC phone after this...
    +1 I like HTC phones, and I may not be able to buy the Nexus Prime on launch day, but I am really considering whatever hot Samsung is available next time I upgrade. This OS upgrade failure was epic.
    10-21-2011 02:23 PM
    Gang,
    I did factory resets, etc.
    Always had the low storage space and dropped calls.
    I installed the update manually.
    What I did was copy my memory card to my pc.
    Formatted the card.
    Factory reset the phone and did the card again.
    Copied my music, docs and videos back over.
    Everything else installed from scratch again.
    Works like a champ.

Only two issues were wireless tether and shootme I had to copy from the backup on my computer onto the sd card.
    10-21-2011 11:12 PM
    Gang,
    I did factory resets, etc.
    Always had the low storage space and dropped calls.
    I installed the update manually.
    What I did was copy my memory card to my pc.
    Formatted the card.
    Factory reset the phone and did the card again.
    Copied my music, docs and videos back over.
    Everything else installed from scratch again.
    Works like a champ.

Only two issues were wireless tether and shootme I had to copy from the backup on my computer onto the sd card.
    Lots of people have had luck with that method
    10-21-2011 11:51 PM
    So my OTA gingerbread update came today...wish me luck ;-)
    11-15-2011 03:18 AM
    quick question, if rooted, no custom rom, just root, will i be able to get the recent OTA for GB that came in today? i received the notification this morning, just wanting to see if i have to unroot for it to download and install...
    11-15-2011 07:46 AM
    I also received the OTA update this morning. The installation is complete and so far everything is looking good. My wife received the botched OTA a couple months ago and that was a disaster, but Verizon did end up sending her a free Incredible II. This update appears to be much more stable than the last one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2011 08:29 AM
    i also updated this morning. i like the slight visual improvements but haven't done much yet to determine if performance is impacted positively or negatively. texts are working, calls are working, email seems fine.
    11-15-2011 08:43 AM
    I also received and installed the update this morning. FAIL!

Upon reboot, the dreaded 'Low on space' warning immediately appeared. Nothing I've tried has cleared the warning.

Icons for some of the app shortcuts on my desktops (IP Cam Viewer, Dolphin Browser HD; USA Today, Vlingo, Pandora, Audible) are missing; the text for the shortcuts is still there, but the app icons are gone. The same (and many other) apps are missing from the "All apps" list, too. AppBrain App Market no longer lists them, either. However, Settings > Applications > Manage Applications lists many of these apps, but with obscure names (e.g., com.rcreations.ipcamviewer) and no logo. I can't *begin* to figure out how to resolve this!

My wireless credentials are lost; re-entering them isn't working.

And this within just the first 15 minutes!
    11-15-2011 10:10 AM
    My Inc 2 is on the way. The tech support person originally said they'd send me a refurbed original Inc, but I requested the Inc 2 and she checked with her supervisor and said it was fine. Only problem is that they were out of the regular battery/battery door, so they are sending me the extended ones. I think they're going to send out the regular ones once they are in stock.
    was your incredible still under warranty? after the update I did a factory reset because i kept getting FC and it just turned off in the middle of the reset and won't even turn on or charge anymore. VZW just wants me to do an early upgrade....i do NOT want to upgrade, my phone would be fine if their software didn't screw it up. Just want to know if your was under warranty or if I just need to push more for a replacement.
    11-18-2011 03:05 AM
    I had the botched update from a while ago, not the recent push. My phone stopped getting text messages. Took it in to Verizon, and they sent me re-certified Incredible. They are no longer sending Incredible 2's as a replacement (too many people "broke" their phones to get a free upgrade). He said good thing I had the extended warranty, otherwise there wasn't anything they could do. If you don't have the warranty, then your probable only course is an early upgrade.
    11-18-2011 08:20 AM
    I had the botched update from a while ago, not the recent push. My phone stopped getting text messages. Took it in to Verizon, and they sent me re-certified Incredible. They are no longer sending Incredible 2's as a replacement (too many people "broke" their phones to get a free upgrade). He said good thing I had the extended warranty, otherwise there wasn't anything they could do. If you don't have the warranty, then your probable only course is an early upgrade.
    What does an extended battery have to do with anything? With a CLRN you don't ship anything back but the phone. You keep your battery whatever you had and the battery door,
    11-18-2011 09:48 PM
    What does an extended battery have to do with anything? With a CLRN you don't ship anything back but the phone. You keep your battery whatever you had and the battery door,
    He said extended WARRANTY not battery.
    11-20-2011 01:24 AM
    He said extended WARRANTY not battery.
    Whoops, and yeah thank God for Total Equipment Coverage and Extended Warranty
    11-20-2011 02:37 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD