Had a weird Monday. Got my Inc on release day, have loved it from the start. No problems at all. Then on Monday (5/10) the thing starts lagging. Every aspect. Opening apps, using keyboard or joystick, pinch; you name it, it was slow.

I got it at Best Buy and had every intention of going in today and having them look at it. I am a total non tech person. This morning I get up and battery is completely dead. Shouldn't be, device was plugged in most of Mon evening. I plug in and turn on and voila! everything is running normally.

Any thoughts? Pleased it is working now, but should I worry it will happen again? I am in love with this phone, but if there is a problem would like to address it sooner rather than later.
    05-11-2010 04:28 PM
    sounds like it just needed a reboot. when the battery died, it did that for you. i've had to do a battery pull once because of sluggishness since i've had it also. i dont think it's anything to worry about.
    05-11-2010 05:11 PM
    It's a computer. Sometimes they need reboots.
    05-11-2010 05:55 PM
    The phone should not be slow or sluggish. I say return it. This isn't the blackberry world so battery pulls are not necessary. If you find yourself having to do that often then, do yourself a favor and get a phone that works the way it should. This device is great and sluggish is something its not.
    05-11-2010 05:56 PM
    Is it sluggish for you guys when you're scrolling through an sms convo?
    05-11-2010 07:44 PM
    I just noticed some flakyness one day so I booted it and it was fine.
    05-11-2010 08:37 PM
    Some program was running your thing slow and running the battery. Reboots close the program. Consider Task Killer. I know all thepros/cons. It can work.
    05-11-2010 10:56 PM
    One of the first apps that was recommended to me was a task-killer. I do use it sometimes but have had very few sluggish issues.
    05-11-2010 11:04 PM
    Yeah, I got taskkiller and have no issues since. :-)
    05-12-2010 06:56 AM
    I second the task killer idea. I use it whenever things start slowing down. You'd be amazed by all the things that are going on in the background. Sure Android is supposed to take care of these things on its own, but it may not do it to your liking.

Things that seem to be in the background all the time that you probably don't need:
    FM Radio, Footprints, Documents To Go, City ID

Things you probably should ignore (not kill):
    Calendar, Clock, Mail, GMail, whatever SMS app you're using, whatever weather app you're using, whatever task killer app you're using, whatever wall paper app you're using
    05-12-2010 08:02 AM
    agilpwd: how many text messages have you racked up since you bought your Incredible? If your phone is acting particularly slow in messaging, it could because you have so many, and may need to go in a clear some of the older ones out. This has been known to cause slowness on other devices.

Regarding task managers: It makes me cringe when people start recommending them. The minute people start using them, we start getting posts about things not working properly. See the FAQ for more info and if you still want to use them and/or at least read this article. If you are a former BB user (which many of you are), the need to kill processes and memory management isn't required in Android like it was on the BB or WM.
    05-12-2010 10:03 AM
    Regarding task managers: It makes me cringe when people start recommending them. The minute people start using them, we start getting posts about things not working properly. See the FAQ for more info and if you still want to use them and/or at least read this article. If you are a former BB user (which many of you are), the need to kill processes and memory management isn't required in Android like it was on the BB or WM.
    You're right, of course. Don't use a task killer if you don't know how to use Task Manager in Windows. So if you're someone who reboots their computer when it stops working, then you should just do the same thing with your phone.
    05-12-2010 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD