Weather/Clock app not updating.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The HTC clock that has the weather foreacast on it is not updating, or rather, not holding the setting when I say YES to automatic update

I go into Menu>Setting>Update automatically, click on the box, then get the Data warning "this may result in additional charges from your wireless provider. Enable automatic download of weather data"

Click on YES

then I back out, and go back in to the setting, and the box is UNCHECKED again.

It's not holding the update yes setting

mmcconaughy

May 6, 2010
Visit site
hal1- Mine has been doing the exact same thing today. I didnt notice it doing it before today, but no updating currently. Kind of frustrating but everything else is so cool, its hard to get too mad about it.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering but what is your update frequency set to?

Every hour. But that's not the issue. It is not holding the "update automatically" setting. I'll check the box, exit back out, then go in again and the box is now unchecked

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
hal1- Mine has been doing the exact same thing today. I didnt notice it doing it before today, but no updating currently. Kind of frustrating but everything else is so cool, its hard to get too mad about it.

Okay, so here's the fix, though I wouldn't have guessed it. You ALSO need to have Auto-Sync on...

Settings>Accounts & sync>Auto sync.

Done

Reactions: trpnstn

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I have all my settings set up just right but my phone was doing the exact same thing last night. What I did was delete it off my home screen, then go into widgets, go to clock, pick the I believe third one which has the weather, set to current location, and saved, that seemed to work. However, now my dads is having the same problem, and nothing seems to work! These bugs are becoming a dime a dozen with this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante