What happened to Android Market??

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Well for 2 days now i have not been able to get on Android Market. It will say loading and after about 30 seconds, i get a message that says...

Attention
A server error has occurred.
Retry, or cancel and return to
the previous screen.

I went to Googles support website and there are a lot of people saying the same thing. But no one from Google has responded to this problem. Here is a link to the Google site.
Technical Help - Android Market Help

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
some people over at phandroid are reporting the same issues.... i wonder what the issue is. The problem is not just with the Inc, other phone users are experiencing the same.

BTW.. I am in Michigan.

Last edited:

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Odd, I'm in michigan too, and I used the marketplace just yesterday evening with no problems....on 3G. I wonder why so hit and miss?

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
the problem is that you cant get in touch with tech support on googles end. they are not responding in the support forum about it & you cant call them.

clxa

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Yesterday I had this issue too. Good news is that its not your phone. It's your gmail account. For some reason, its causing your Android market to act strange. Solution? Well I created a new email and everything is working fine. Google needs to fix our gmail account but there is no way of contacting them. Getting a new phone wouldn't help.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Those of you having issues.... are you able to access the market using a WiFi connection? I can, but if I use my 3G connection I run into issues.

Can anybody else verify?

Blacker.the.berry

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Count me in with the same error! I noticed it today around 5am (pacific time). I have a Moto Droid the GF has an Eris... She can access her market with no problems.

Blacker.the.berry

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I read the article on the android central home page and tried the fix that was posted and "no dice" still having the same problem. I read where other users have had the same problem and tried the remedy it worked for some and didnt for others. unfortunately I happen to fall in the "others" category!

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I think i may have found a fix well it worked for me at least. I went to Google Maps and then selected menu then more, then switch account. i had created another gmail account during this. i then signed into my second account under the maps. then tried the market and low and behold after a few seconds the market worked. i then went back to google maps and changed to my primary account and it worked fine from there.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting that error today only when attempting to submit my credit card info to buy an app. I can get to the screen where I fill out billing info, but get error when I try sending.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800