FM Radio Question

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it just my phone, or is this function useless?

I'm on phone 2 for the same issue and keep having the same problem with the FM radio. Trying out 2 different sets of headphones, I may get 1 or 2 stations with all the rest that should be coming in only being static. Now, if I pull out the jack about half way, I get reception across the board.

I took my original phone into the store and the tech agreed and had the same issue. Static with maybe 1 station playing well..but when the headphones were pulled out half way, more and more stations where able to be listened to.

Anyone else having an issue with the FM radio like this? Are any of yours working flawlessly with the headphone jack all the way plugged in?

Thanks for your help.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does the FM Radio work over stereo blue tooth? Or do you have to have regular headphones? If so, does it come with special head phones just for the FM radio?

Note I do not own a Android phone currently. I was just curious.

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here. I thought it was just a useless feature since all I ever got was static. I just tried pulling the jack halfway out and sure enough, I get reception from all the stations.
So exchanging phones didn't help?

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. I thought it was just a useless feature since all I ever got was static. I just tried pulling the jack halfway out and sure enough, I get reception from all the stations.
So exchanging phones didn't help?

Nope, exchanging didnt help the issue one bit. I'm not sure if I should bother sending it back for another one or not...

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I've only tried using it once (since I have a BT stereo headset), and I was able to pull in 2 stations clearly. One I was looking for, and a much weaker one that came in by accident (both around 103 on the dial). Since I wasn't looking for anything else, I didn't notice any other issues, but I will check on that tonight and if you don't hear from anybody else I'll let you know what I find out.

Does the FM Radio work over stereo blue tooth? Or do you have to have regular headphones? If so, does it come with special head phones just for the FM radio?

Note I do not own a Android phone currently. I was just curious.

Any wired headphones are supposed to work. No headset came with my phone, but it's supposed to use the wire as the antenna. The app will warn you that there's no headset plugged in if you try to start it without one.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Odd. I plug my headset in all the way and it worked fine...at least the last couple times I tried it. I'm using the headset that came with my blackberry curve though...I wonder if that matters. I don't have an other headsets available to try right now.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I found an old headset here, so I tested it (it's an Olympus headset designed for dictation/transcription, but it's got the standard plug).

These are the (11) stations that are tuning in clearly:
90.9, 91.7, 94.1, 94.9, 98.5, 100.3, 101.1, 101.9, 102.7, 105.1, 107.1.

These (5) stations came in static-y, but somewhat listenable:
92.5, 93.3, 97.3, 103.5, 104.3.

I should note that the building I am in has a metal structure that seems purposefully built to block radio waves (we have wifi issues frequently, I cannot tune half of these same stations with my clock radio and analog tuner, and there is a 5' section in my office [where I tested these for you] where I have no cell service, but to either side of this section I have 3 or 4 bars consistently).

I would also like to note that Cincinnati has a lot of crappy radio stations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo