Anyone punish their phone yet? Experienced problems like these?

Jasonrj

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Today I experimented with the navigation app quite a bit, and it was also pretty hot out. I finished driving around after about 40 minutes and forcing course corrections about 20 times. The phone was quite hot, which is to be expected. But it was hotter than it usually is while surfing the net, enough to make me a bit nervous about actually trying to use this for an extended period of time. Although I did not experience any problems, and everything worked perfectly.

However, about an hour later when the phone had cooled down to normal temp I went to answer a call and I could hear them talk, but they could not hear me, and speakerphone was completely silent. Also, when making a call from my phone it would work fine but with a constant high pitch tone that hurt my ear.

I wonder if this was a side-affect of heating up or if it was due to excessive memory usage causing some kind of bogging down issues?

A quick phone reboot instantly fixed the problems, and they have not reoccurred.

novacellx

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced any significant temperature issues. But, I have experienced that high-pitched tone when it begins a call. This only happened a few times during the first week. Toggling speakerphone on and then off stopped the tone. I have not, since those few instances, been unable to reproduce any specific circumstances that may have caused that high-pitched tone.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
did you have your phone plugged in when driving around (car charger)

my phone overheats virtually every time i plug it into the verizon car charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad