Verizon lying to keep me in Motorola Droid, not Incredible?

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was told on May 5th that no stores in the Lexington, KY area had Incredibles but that they would give me a Motorola Droid until today the 14th when they all got shipments. Now the rep who sold me the phone says there is no possible way to get me one until at least the 29th if not in June. If it goes beyond June 5th, it's after the 30 days and I can't exchange.

Are they lying to me to try to keep me in the older Droid while they can sell another new customer the Incredible?? :mad:

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
You can just outright return your moto droid if you want. Part of the worry free. So it really doesnt matter when the phones come in for you.....As long as you have your old phone or another vzw phone to activate.

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure I follow. I don't want to leave Verizon and I'm a new customer so no old vzw phone. So if it goes beyond 30 days I'm under impression I can't return the moto droid and I'd have to buy an incredible at full retail price.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
If you were using an upgrade instead of being a new customer you could just return the phone and reverse the upgrade. As it is you could find a cheap used phone, and ask the rep to undo the 2 yr contract and do month to month. Then you when the DInc is open for sale you can purchase it at discount by signing a 2 yr agreement.

Im guessing that you could find a phone on CL for 20bucks to get you by for a couple of days.

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I see what you mean. My gf is on the family plan and loves her blackberry tour so i don't think this is an option but I appreciate the idea. Maybe I should try calling customer service.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
More of a as last resort type thing.

What you do with your phone has nothing to do with her phone at all. You have 2 separate contracts that you are agreeing one of you will pay and that you will share mins.

something to keep in mind if you are getting down to the wire on it.;)

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Good idea, keep that in the back pocket unless it comes down to the 29th/30th day and I still haven't got the Incredible. :) Thanks for the help!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thats sounds so odd to me that they would allow a droid(new) to be issued as a temp phone until the one you want is in. Why not just wait until you can have what you really want?

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Odd, here we just let people know up front it'll be shipped out by a certain date. I do see customers get them sooner than projected, could depend on area I guess..

Edit: call customer service and let them know. Make sure they remark your account so the salesrep doesn't try to screw you out the replacement. If it's in writing, they have to honor it..;-)

Last edited:

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Odd, here we just let people know up front it'll be shipped out by a certain date. I do see customers get them sooner than projected, could depend on area I guess..

Edit: call customer service and let them know. Make sure they remark your account so the salesrep doesn't try to screw you out the replacement. If it's in writing, they have to honor it..;-)

Good call man. I just called them and they were super nice. Told me that if I can't get the Incredible before my 30 days is up to return and cancel contract until it arrives. They also said they'd note the issue on my account and gave me $15.00 credit to boot!

Still sucks I don't have the phone today though.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Good call man. I just called them and they were super nice. Told me that if I can't get the Incredible before my 30 days is up to return and cancel contract until it arrives. They also said they'd note the issue on my account and gave me $15.00 credit to boot!

Still sucks I don't have the phone today though.

I would say that is very nice and above/beyond as you could still get the phone on previously agreed delivery date. Hope it all works out for you.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I was told on May 5th that no stores in the Lexington, KY area had Incredibles but that they would give me a Motorola Droid until today the 14th when they all got shipments. Now the rep who sold me the phone says there is no possible way to get me one until at least the 29th if not in June. If it goes beyond June 5th, it's after the 30 days and I can't exchange.

Are they lying to me to try to keep me in the older Droid while they can sell another new customer the Incredible?? :mad:

Sounds like you are about to get a bite on the rear if you don't get someone on the phone. Get the rep on the phone, *611, to note your account on what is happening and what you have been told. If you don't you may not get the results you were promised.