Since GB update, alarm is spotty

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I've been having some trouble with my DInc's alarm clock ever since I got pushed the GB update about a month ago, and I was hoping somebody here could help. I've used my phone as my only alarm clock for years, and have never had a problem until I got GB. Since then, every now and then, the alarm will just refuse to go off. I check it, and it's like the phone thinks the alarm has sounded, but no sound actually plays, so it's kind of hard to wake up to. This has happened about 3 or 4 times in the last month, and it's gotten so bad that I'm about to just stop using my phone as my alarm and just use my old clock radio instead :eek:

I'm running stock 2.3.4 and using the stock alarm clock app. Has anybody else had this problem, and if so, how/could you fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My DINC2 had alarm issue, or clock issues, when it failed to open up after I pressed the clock image. Someone said to do a factory reset and it solved the problem and haven't had a repeat since (about 2 weeks). You should go to DINC2 forum since it appears this problem is common in Incredible phones.

I know, factory reset is a pain, but what can you do? If your problem happens again, I would take it to Verizon and ask for a replacement. If your manufacture warranty ran out, ask a Verizon rep if you can buy the $1.99/month extended warranty and have them retro apply it (I had a DINC that had a serious software issue after 1 yr 2 mo, and after visiting 3 Verizon stores, got a nice rep to do this for me and got DINC2 as replacement for free). Good luck.

Last edited: