How to turn off capacitive button lights

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that there's a way to turn off or dim the lights behind the capacitive buttons while watching video, specifically.

Any ideas? Is there anything in settings that I'm missing or maybe an app for that?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They're controlled by the light sensor to the left of the Verizon logo. If you're watching in a lighted room, they will turn off. If you're watching a dark room, they'll stay on.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that there's a way to turn off or dim the lights behind the capacitive buttons while watching video, specifically.

Any ideas? Is there anything in settings that I'm missing or maybe an app for that?

Why? ...just curious. I think they're pretty. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
With them being LED lighted they don't consume much power. I wouldn't want to keep them on the entire time, but still.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind them for the most part, but sometimes I turn off the lights in bed and read ebooks in night mode or watch movies and those lights kill it. They're super bright in the dark and much brighter than what's on the screen...

ozzman54

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to figure this out as well...I emailed the developers of the Aldiko app to see if they could implement an option to turn the light off, but I haven't heard back yet.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I took it to mean put black tape over the lights. Haha. Or we could strap a small light to the sensor so that it thinks that the sun is out! Lol

Personally, I'd rather see a software solution... :/

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol oh yeah well I guess u could put raw across the entire button bar on the bottom and not be able to use them :)
Or yeah or could put a light behind the phone and not be able to see horrible amoled screen.
I keed I keed, I really do love this phone.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm wondering, is there a place where we can appeal to developers and request certain functionality or give ideas for apps?

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
IIRC, this is not currently available in the SDK. This, along with LED color changing are two things that aren't currently available in the 2.1 SDK... though I am likely to be wrong, haven't started trying development at all for this thing... just thought I remembered reading that...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay