HTC Clock/Weather Widget - Detailed Forecast

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, maybe this is just one of those things I'm brain-farting on but it seems like the main clock/weather widget must have some way to show a detailed forecast. I see that you can click on it and get an image and high/low temp for the next 4 days but it doesn't seem you can drill in any further to get details.

So, am I missing something? If so, what? If not, first that makes the widget quite a disappointment as cool as it is, but what are people using to get those details?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
there are a bunch of apps that can give you a detailed forecast in the market.

weatherbug, weather channel, etc.

living in socal, i never find the need to know that much about the weather, as it's always sunny out here :p

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Those are all viable options and I'm doing a few, but I have agree with the OP. It is a tad disappointing that you need a separate weather widget or app to actually see the weather.

When you live on the east coast you really have to have detailed weather :)

Definitely not the end of he world just makes the HTC widget pretty useless.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
looks pretty though, and as most of the world's fashion magazines will tell you, it's far better to have flash than substance

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest using the HTC widget as a smaller 1x2 along with the 1x4 Weather Channel app widget. I use them together with the WC widget along the top of my home screen and the clock right under it and it works great.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest using the HTC widget as a smaller 1x2 along with the 1x4 Weather Channel app widget. I use them together with the WC widget along the top of my home screen and the clock right under it and it works great.
Kyleg, any chance I can see a screen shot of what you did? Only had the phone about 12 hours, so still learning. Thanks

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I ditched the HTC Clock & Weather widget and went with the retro clock and retro date (both 1x2 widgets) and the 1x4 Weather Channel widget underneath those

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I ditched the HTC Clock & Weather widget and went with the retro clock and retro date (both 1x2 widgets) and the 1x4 Weather Channel widget underneath those

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that? Changes sizes..etc. Screen shot would be awesome too.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Retro Clock and Retro Date are free apps available in the market

and The Weather Channel app gives you three widget sizes (I used wide)

Here's my main screen
device.png

and if you click on The Weather Channel widget you can get this
device2.png

Last edited:

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Eris. When she taps the stock weather widget she gets the three or five day forecast. When she taps the bottom of the screen where it says weather, it opens the browser and directs her to the Accuweather web site. From there she can access maps, radar, video forecast, etc.

My Incredible will go to the forecast when I tap the widget, but will not open the browser when I tap the bottom where it says weather.

TNScrambler

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
whats yalls opinions on which weather app/widget to go with, I like the look of the stock weather widget, but do not like the lack of details in the forecast, lack or radar, etc... I've been wishy washy on whether to go with weather channel's app or weather bug or what, yalls opinions?

Also, does the weather bug have a widget available like the weather channel app?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I was looking through the market yesterday and ended up with this same setup.

Thanks for all the input.

Retro Clock and Retro Date are free apps available in the market

and The Weather Channel app gives you three widget sizes (I used wide)

Here's my main screen

and if you click on The Weather Channel widget you can get this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma