05-18-2010 09:41 PM
26 12
tools
    OK, maybe this is just one of those things I'm brain-farting on but it seems like the main clock/weather widget must have some way to show a detailed forecast. I see that you can click on it and get an image and high/low temp for the next 4 days but it doesn't seem you can drill in any further to get details.

So, am I missing something? If so, what? If not, first that makes the widget quite a disappointment as cool as it is, but what are people using to get those details?
    05-15-2010 05:37 PM
    there are a bunch of apps that can give you a detailed forecast in the market.

weatherbug, weather channel, etc.

living in socal, i never find the need to know that much about the weather, as it's always sunny out here
    05-16-2010 02:59 AM
    Open the browser and bookmark a link to a detailed forecast on forecast.weather.com or whatever.
    05-16-2010 06:32 AM
    palmary weather is another nice one
    05-16-2010 06:47 AM
    Those are all viable options and I'm doing a few, but I have agree with the OP. It is a tad disappointing that you need a separate weather widget or app to actually see the weather.

When you live on the east coast you really have to have detailed weather :-)

Definitely not the end of he world just makes the HTC widget pretty useless.
    05-16-2010 10:32 AM
    looks pretty though, and as most of the world's fashion magazines will tell you, it's far better to have flash than substance
    05-16-2010 05:54 PM
    Lol. My weather widget takes hours to update. Says its Sunny at 10pm...even after I refresh it...
    05-16-2010 06:54 PM
    Beautiful Widgets will show you four days of weather.
    05-16-2010 08:03 PM

living in socal, i never find the need to know that much about the weather, as it's always sunny out here
    not today. freezin' my nuts off.
    05-16-2010 09:02 PM
    I would suggest using the HTC widget as a smaller 1x2 along with the 1x4 Weather Channel app widget. I use them together with the WC widget along the top of my home screen and the clock right under it and it works great.
    05-16-2010 10:50 PM
    not today. freezin' my nuts off.
    it wasn't cold in the greater los angeles area...upper 70s to mid 80s.

chilly tonight though, and looks like it'll be cloudy and cool for the next couple days...
    05-17-2010 01:39 AM
    I would suggest using the HTC widget as a smaller 1x2 along with the 1x4 Weather Channel app widget. I use them together with the WC widget along the top of my home screen and the clock right under it and it works great.
    Kyleg, any chance I can see a screen shot of what you did? Only had the phone about 12 hours, so still learning. Thanks
    05-17-2010 08:42 AM
    I ditched the HTC Clock & Weather widget and went with the retro clock and retro date (both 1x2 widgets) and the 1x4 Weather Channel widget underneath those
    05-17-2010 08:55 AM
    I ditched the HTC Clock & Weather widget and went with the retro clock and retro date (both 1x2 widgets) and the 1x4 Weather Channel widget underneath those
    If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that? Changes sizes..etc. Screen shot would be awesome too.
    05-17-2010 09:07 AM
    Retro Clock and Retro Date are free apps available in the market

and The Weather Channel app gives you three widget sizes (I used wide)

Here's my main screen

and if you click on The Weather Channel widget you can get this
    05-17-2010 09:13 AM
    My wife has the Eris. When she taps the stock weather widget she gets the three or five day forecast. When she taps the bottom of the screen where it says weather, it opens the browser and directs her to the Accuweather web site. From there she can access maps, radar, video forecast, etc.

My Incredible will go to the forecast when I tap the widget, but will not open the browser when I tap the bottom where it says weather.
    05-17-2010 09:57 AM
    That's one thing I miss about the Droid. It's weather widget has a cool graph of temp and chance of precipitation for the day.
    05-17-2010 10:04 AM
    whats yalls opinions on which weather app/widget to go with, I like the look of the stock weather widget, but do not like the lack of details in the forecast, lack or radar, etc... I've been wishy washy on whether to go with weather channel's app or weather bug or what, yalls opinions?

Also, does the weather bug have a widget available like the weather channel app?
    05-17-2010 11:07 AM
    I was looking through the market yesterday and ended up with this same setup.

Thanks for all the input.

Retro Clock and Retro Date are free apps available in the market

and The Weather Channel app gives you three widget sizes (I used wide)

Here's my main screen

and if you click on The Weather Channel widget you can get this
    05-17-2010 11:27 AM
    Argent, thanks for the screen shot !!

David
    05-17-2010 12:20 PM
    I bought Beautiful Widget's widget.

I think it is the best looking and combines clock and weather together.
    05-17-2010 12:26 PM
    Argent, thanks for the screen shot !!

David
    Argent,

1. What app did you use to take screenshots of your Inc screen?

2. Did you used to work at Argent Mortgage? I used to...that's why I ask. hehe
    05-17-2010 03:12 PM
    05-17-2010 03:15 PM
    Thank you for the link.

Don't worry about the business name -- Argent Mortgage is dead anyway. hehe It was a very large national player in the financial sector, though -- in case anyone asks you about a familiar sounding name.
    05-17-2010 03:26 PM
    Ok, correction. I just discovered this. Tap weather widget. Shows 4 day forecast. If you are on current area and click weather at the bottom, nothing. If you are on another area other than the current area (for instance I have Vegas) then tap on weather at the bottom, it opens browser to Accuweather. Sounds like a glitch.
    05-18-2010 09:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD