I seem to have to MANUALLY get my gmail refreshed to show up, and the normal alert sound I have barely beeps (but everything else seems fine). Any ideas? Just started this morning. Rebooted twice.

Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall gmail?
    05-17-2010 07:56 AM
    Okay, this is seriously frustrating. Only if I sync things manually will they sync. Anyone? Help?
    05-17-2010 09:27 AM
    Is your gmail set to automatically sync? I disabled auto sync to help with battery runtime and I'm seeing the same thing when I manually refresh within the gmail app.
    05-17-2010 09:29 AM
    In settings, under ACCOUNTS & SYNC, both Background Data and Auto-Sync are checked.

If I uncheck auto-sync and recheckmark it, it does a sync. But doesn't keep checking.
    05-17-2010 09:33 AM
    hrm mine isnt working this morning either.. was working fine last night?
    05-17-2010 09:50 AM
    Okay, it's not just the gmail app, but the HTC mail app as well. That suggests it's either some global setting (which looks right) or something... I don't know... with gmail?

Yes, mine was working last night too... this morning before 7am even. Now? Nothing. SMS and GoogleTalk are working fine.
    05-17-2010 09:50 AM
    my Exchange email is pushing.. just not Gmail weird.
    05-17-2010 09:53 AM
    That tells me it's on the gmail side. Perhaps imap is down? I double checked the settings and they're all right.

We need someone in the know to weigh in. :-/
    05-17-2010 09:54 AM
    yeah no clue.. was working last night at like 11pm.

woke up this morning.. went to work.. realized my gmail wasnt working on my phone. odd.
    05-17-2010 10:09 AM
    i think mine is working now? i dunno
    05-17-2010 10:17 AM
    Nope, still a problem for me.
    05-17-2010 10:22 AM
    same thing here just got my droid X fri and a day later push email not working
    07-18-2010 03:32 AM
    so i reset it to factory settings and re did everything and its all good now
    07-18-2010 04:41 AM
    I have noticed and experienced gmail to stop working before .For me it was yesterday.Whenever gmail seems to Not be working first thing I do is check my gmail off an computer.If you have no computer just go to m.gmail.com from your mobile web and log on to it that way .If there is no mail going to it that way then you know it is a gmail error (nothing you can do about they will fix).

I also get mail though outlook express(just like my blackberry did) so I get mail 2 ways ,kinda like a backup. both are working for me at this time. I did nothing to try and fix since mail though the popserver never stopped working it was just though the gmail side of it . I hope I didnt confuse anyone ,lol I am still sleepy .

I found the how to section on setting up gmail is your own personal pushed mail here :

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-...sh-mail-server
    07-18-2010 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD