Auto Gmail IMAP not working?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm creating a new thread because I think this isn't about the gmail app, but about gmail the service.

I began in this thread (http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/12833-gmail-app-not-refreshing.html) but I've now tested a bit, and I can only get gmail in both the Gmail and HTC Mail clients by doing a manual refresh. If I then delete something I have to do ANOTHER manual refresh to make it disappear in my web inbox.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

theeroopable

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine isn't working either. It stopped working though after I tried to send a large email (17 pictures and a video), and hasn't worked since. That was on May 15th.

It now just says at the bottom "No connection. Retry". I've been retrying to no avail. I read on some other board that I might have to do a factory reset to get it to work again. I did the "Clear Data" thing in manage applications, didn't work and I can't delete my main email account without resetting it, so.. I might just have to give that a try.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My HTC app is working, but not my gmail app. :(

(Well, the HTC app works, but not fast. I'm really confused.)

Last edited:

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, after clearing all storage on the account, turning OFF IMAP online, then rebooting and turning it back on, I seem to be working again.

VERY odd.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well first off you have two apps for mail on your phone by default "HTC Mail" and "Gmail".

HTC does not push to your phone it pulls, so it will only check by default I think once an hour. The GMail app pushes to your phone via gmail every time you get an email.

If your online access is configured for imap it will not work correctly, you need to set it to pop access and forget about it. AFAIK IMAP is not fully supported on the incredible.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It works in IMAP, but you don't have all the options of IMAP that I'm aware of. I use the simply pop3 with gmail and everything works golden. If it works then don't worry about it, may have either been a either a temporary ID-10T error or could have been gmail throwing a fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax