Giving up the Storm 2 for the HTC Droid Incredible

spddare65

May 30, 2010
www.dpi-investigations.com
You would think that a company looking to dominate the market, would do all it can to match the best features of the other smartphones. Hopefully Droid will figure out how to improve their e-mail and compatability with Outlook issues in short order.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Android is writen by Google, they aren't trying to compete with Blackberry. Reasons are varied but you have two markets consumer and enterprise, and while they are making inroads on enterprise they are primarily concerned with the consumer market. Microsoft has stated this much too and said they have always been concerned with favoring the enterprise world and plan to retarget WinMo (Windows Phone 7) more towards a consumer flavor.

Another HUGE thing you need to remember is Android has only been on the market for the last 18 months, not years......like Blackberry. Give them time I believe they will end up being a rather dominant foe in the coming years, some would say already.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree that email isn't as good on the Incredible as it is on the BlackBerry. Facebook is also not as good (I can't reply to comments left on statuses... WTF?). And maybe notifications aren't as good.

But... and this is a HUGE but... the Incredible is better at pretty much EVERYthing else. :)

My Storm is now on Craigslist. :D

Brandon

I don't know if you know this... but if you go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook on your browser you can get the "Touch Phone" Version of facebook. It runs and feels like its an app on your phone and I find that much easier to use. Just a suggestion.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
2Days away from getting mine and my storm 2 is glitching like crazy

How funny is that I think the phones get jealous or something. My Storm had no major issues, but every few days needing to reset it and it running slow compared. However the day after I ordered my Incredible my Storm started giving me all kinds of errors, lockups, and everything else. Dang phone.....

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You would think that a company looking to dominate the market, would do all it can to match the best features of the other smartphones. Hopefully Droid will figure out how to improve their e-mail and compatability with Outlook issues in short order.

Have you checked out K-9? I have been a vociferous Outlook user for years. K-9 on my INC is as good or better then my Storm and does everything I need it to do as far as syncing with Outlook. It takes a little tweaking and is greatly helped by gSyncit. I log 100 or so emails a day and do it much faster than I did with my Storm.