Browser freezes?

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Recently my browser will load a page and then halfway through loading, it'll just completely stop. The green bar at the url just stays in the same position and gets stuck there.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you already did a restart try clearing your cache (menu>settings>manage applications>internet>clear cache) this should do the trick :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You might want to back up your bookmarks not sure if clearing the cache will erase them try bookmarkBR from the market its free.

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a shot!

I already tried clearing cache and it didn't help - got stuck at the google homepage. Also, can't hit refresh for some reason because when i hit the stop button, it doesn't stop loading and just keeps trying to load the page (i think).

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Rebooting my phone fixed it (don't think clearing cache did) but i had the same problem yesterday (and also fixed it by restarting my phone). I hope the problem doesn't come back again.

Thanks for your help!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure when it happens you don't have any tabs open in the background. It could be bogging the browser down.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem continuously. So much so that I'm starting to hate this phone! The only thing that I have found to resolve it is to reboot. But that is not an acceptable solution, since I can't be having to continuously rooting the freakin' thing all day every day.

So if anyone has a REAL solution, please share. A new browser suggestion would be great!

volleygod

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem continuously. So much so that I'm starting to hate this phone! The only thing that I have found to resolve it is to reboot. But that is not an acceptable solution, since I can't be having to continuously rooting the freakin' thing all day every day.

So if anyone has a REAL solution, please share. A new browser suggestion would be great!

Try Dolphin HD browser. Lots of people love it.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I would unclick allowing flash in the browser settings and give that a try. My experience has been that flash lite with Sense doesn't always work as smoothly as you'd expect. Disabling flash in the browser seemed to fix all of my hiccups and made pages load a bit faster too.

And if there's some flash content that you desperately need to see, just go back to settings and enable, refresh.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Try Dolphin HD browser. Lots of people love it.

Tried it. Could not figure out how to get the address bar, and could not bookmark pages. I've already uninstalled and given it a bad rating.

Right now, I'm trying x scope lite. It's pretty good so far, but flash doesn't work. they have a 2.99 version that I think has flash. I'll try this for a few days and maybe d/l the pay version.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I would unclick allowing flash in the browser settings and give that a try. My experience has been that flash lite with Sense doesn't always work as smoothly as you'd expect. Disabling flash in the browser seemed to fix all of my hiccups and made pages load a bit faster too.

And if there's some flash content that you desperately need to see, just go back to settings and enable, refresh.

Thanks for the tip. I'll test that out a bit and see if that seems to be part of the pattern.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Dolphin. Give it a try.

FWIW, I just touched the address bar and was able to type. Bookmarks: simply touch menu and it gives you the option.

The address bar was not visible in mine. The menu did not display a bookmark option for me. WTF?! Did I have a different version of dolphin? :confused:

srh.pres.usx

DOXA?holic
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin HD was freezing the phone on me - when used with ADW Launcher (worked fine with Sense). It would launch then the touch input wouldnt work - had to do a battery pull each time. The default browser however was working fine.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I started having this issue today. I cleared cache and force closed the browser and all was well. Oddly enough mobile sites were working fine, but regular sites like Google.com or androidcentral.com would not work. They kept getting stuck halfway through.

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd update. I've been using the xscope lite for a few days now, and my browser hasn't frozen since. I really like this browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech