Alright, so I've had the Motorola Droid for the past 3 months or so and have really enjoyed Android a lot. I had lots of fun rooting and overclocking and modding and all that good stuff. Anyways, I just recently got my own plan (separated from my parents' plan and got my own family plan with my fiancee) and I wanted something new so I went with the Storm 2. I've had a few Blackberries in the past and have really enjoyed them, and I like the storm 2. A huge reason why I dropped the Droid was innadequate battery life and too big/heavy/bulky/square, the Droid literally wore 3 holes in 2 of my pairs of jeans. I've been SO happy with the battery life on the Storm, used it for a few hours straight the other day at my college graduation and made LOTS of phone calls and sent LOTS of texts and after 14 hours of use I still had 40% battery left, the Droid would have been dead by 3pm. I'm really starting to miss Android though, the great Gmail integration, all the widgets, the notification panel, I just liked it a lot.

So, convince me that the battery life on the Incredible is reasonable and it's not too buggy or anything and I'll switch it out because I'm only 4 days into my first 30 on this new phone. I want the Incredible, I just need a push!
    05-17-2010 05:06 PM
    It must not be all that great if 4 days into it you are thinking of changing.
    The phone is lighter but you will need to upgrade the battery.
    I think everyone here will concur that you downgraded big.
    Incredible>Droid>G1>S2
    05-17-2010 05:09 PM
    It must not be all that great if 4 days into it you are thinking of changing.
    The phone is lighter but you will need to upgrade the battery.
    I think everyone here will concur that you downgraded big.
    Incredible>Droid>G1>S2
    Well I guess I just really like the simplicity of the Blackberry and I feel like it's much more reliable than the Droid was, but I too would agree that it is a downgrade. The only thing Blackberry does amazingly that Android hasn't touched yet is the LED notifications. I use BerryBuzz and have a different color LED for every possible notification and LOVE IT, and the LED is so bright too! Anyways, what kind of battery performance are you getting with an extended battery? I know there are plenty of threads about that, but not too many people come out and give their numbers.
    05-17-2010 05:12 PM
    First we aren't Verizon or HTC reps so nobody is going to "talk" you into a phone. In fact there are quite a few people who have both BB's and Android devices here and maybe they will pipe in. I know at least one has the BB Storm2 and the Incredible.

But I will say the battery is as bad as you are hearing. So go ahead and set aside some extra cash for an extra battery or an upgraded battery. $20-50 for that depending on what battery you get currently. Other than that this phone, in my opinion, blows the Storm 2 out of the water.

With all that being said, you sound like you have sold yourself on the Storm 2. You also mention that you text, and I assume, email a lot from your phone, and as much as I love my Android phone you will not beat Blackberry's messenger system and the way it handles email and im's.

When it comes to battery life with no tricks expect less than 8 hours on the stock battery. With the "bump charge" technique you can get a few hours more. With the 1750 Innocell from Seidio you have people reporting anywhere from 10-24 hours. So it all depends on how you yourself use the phone.

If battery is going to be a concern stay with the BB, however if you want a much better, in my opinion, and much more fun open phone with lots of free apps, better internet browsing, better audio/video environment etc, ditch it and get the Incredible.
    05-17-2010 05:29 PM
    I never felt that any of my resent BB (S1 & Tour) were more reliable than my Droid was. The storm would freeze up a few times a day and if you had to pull the battery it took the phone 10 minutes before it could be used again. The battery on my tour was much better then my Droid but I would trade that any day for a larger screen and a real browser.

push push just get the Inc.
    05-17-2010 05:37 PM
    I'm not sure what other users where demanding from their Storm, or what I was doing different, but I only rebooted my Storm once a week and it was at my choice because it 'felt' different not because it needed it. Hated the 3 minute boot time, that was a pain and was nice change going to this phone because it only takes about 30 seconds.
    05-17-2010 05:40 PM
    im dumping my storm 2 for the incredible i have on order. I was sick of the issues, i mean im aware there might be some hiccups for the incredible, but it seems like they are cleared up much quicker..i mean we sat on the storm 2 running .320 and the official OS for months and months, and the home screen icons wouldn't even auto update. And i got bored, i want something new to play with. I dont think you should let anymore convince you, make the decision on your own, who cares what other people think about your phone right?
    05-17-2010 05:43 PM
    The battery on the Incredible does indeed stink. But that being said, before even adopting the Incredible I had already accustomed myself to always having a charger on hand anyway. USB cables at both desks in my house, a charger at work, and one in the car. I'm never in any danger of running out of juice. But then too, I don't charge as often as most people seem to. I think I'm just a bit more Power Management conscious.
    05-17-2010 05:47 PM
    The Seidio extended battery gives me about 2 extra hours with the same usage as the original.

The LEd notifications on BB are on point. Battery life, however I don't recall being all that great on my S1/S2.
    05-17-2010 05:59 PM
    Well I would have to say that the email on Android is WAY better than BB if you're a gmail user. Emails are pushed and the whole interface is MUCH friendlier in my opinion. The battery life thing is what really worries me, I hate having to charge my phone throughout the day and can't stand the idea of having to have an extra battery on my at all times. I guess I'll just really have to think about this, but I'm sort of leaning towards the Incredible.

Keep your comments coming though, they're helping me make my decision!
    05-17-2010 06:03 PM
    Bad post. Delete.
    05-17-2010 06:11 PM
    I came from a bb Tour. Yes the battery on the tour and all bb better but the incredible outperforms in every aspect except the led notifications and battery life. I surf the web a lot and this browser and speed are ten times better than bb's. Also, in general, the os is faster, smoother and more responsive. That said, the loss of all the led notifications isn't a big deal and just get an extended battery. You can get huge mah batteries if you want it to last a full day or two.

I haven't even thought about my bb since getting the incredible.
    05-17-2010 06:17 PM
    Alright, so I've had the Motorola Droid for the past 3 months or so and have really enjoyed Android a lot. I had lots of fun rooting and overclocking and modding and all that good stuff. Anyways, I just recently got my own plan (separated from my parents' plan and got my own family plan with my fiancee) and I wanted something new so I went with the Storm 2. I've had a few Blackberries in the past and have really enjoyed them, and I like the storm 2. A huge reason why I dropped the Droid was innadequate battery life and too big/heavy/bulky/square, the Droid literally wore 3 holes in 2 of my pairs of jeans. I've been SO happy with the battery life on the Storm, used it for a few hours straight the other day at my college graduation and made LOTS of phone calls and sent LOTS of texts and after 14 hours of use I still had 40% battery left, the Droid would have been dead by 3pm. I'm really starting to miss Android though, the great Gmail integration, all the widgets, the notification panel, I just liked it a lot.

So, convince me that the battery life on the Incredible is reasonable and it's not too buggy or anything and I'll switch it out because I'm only 4 days into my first 30 on this new phone. I want the Incredible, I just need a push!
    IF you decide to get the incredible. GET a new battery for sure. Swear to god this things like a woman on her period. Battery is up an down up an down like a friggin roller coaster.

Yesterday, my phone dropped to 80% within 5 min. Today it stayed at 100% for about 30 min... so.. ya
    05-17-2010 06:24 PM
    Judging by how you worded the title to this thread, it sounds like you already convinced yourself to get an Inc. I think you are just looking for justification for phone hopping. Just get the Inc (and an extended battery), you'll be happier.
    05-17-2010 07:52 PM
    I came from a storm 2 and here are my observations (opinions only please think of that before flaming me for them):

1 Hardware: Storm 2 felt more solid all the way around, it felt better in my hand and although battery pulls were annoying I was never worried about breaking my metal battery door. Inc. battery door feels like it belongs on a cheap toy.

2 Battery: Storm eats Inc. alive then turns around and eats it again. I have the Seidio and it still does not compare. Just as I had to make concessions regarding my blackberry I have to toggle wifi, bluetooth, and gps on/off just to make it through the day whereas they were always on on my berry.

3 Browser: HTC laughs at the sad little blackberry. Seriously Inc. is light years ages in this category. There is no argument Inc. is far superior in this aspect.

4 camera: Berry is Very Good HTC is well... Incredible.

5 Native apps and customization: I actually liked my berry better in this regard, I could hide apps including crapware forced from VZW. it was WAY easier to navigate through my apps as they were all ones I actually used! I would give up multiple home screens to have that ability back.

6 Screens: HTC gets top billing although I could actually see my berry in direct sunlight.

7 Keyboard: I give the Inc. a 7 and the Berry 9.5 with surepress but this is solely my opinion.

8 Email: Ha bet you thought I would say Berry right? WRONG! this is why I got an Inc. I needed a better browser and liked the other superior aspects but when my buddy got his Inc. on my reccomendation and I routed all his accounts through his Gmail his Inc was getting emails before my Berry!

I got rid of my Berry and got an Incredible and overall I am happy. Yes there are many things I miss but I do have the latest and greatest and it is good for me but I personally think that the Storm 2 is a GREAT phone. My buddy kept his even though he can upgrade right now. He likes the native Tasks Memo's etc. too much to let them go.

Berry bashers will cite battery pulls, blah blah blah but the truth is all phones have their shortcomings. I have had to work through a few glitches on my new phone too and had to spend $50.00 on a battery just so it was usable. Bottom line, it depends on what you need your phone to do. Make a list of the things you do most with/on your phone. Once you have that you can look at this forum and make a decision on what is right for you. Good luck.
    05-17-2010 08:42 PM
    There is a data sheet from VZW on the Inc somewhere else in these forums. About 31 pages. It shows the 1300 mAh battery and door, and also shows an extended battery door with an available 2150 mAh (don't know if it's available from VZW yet). It will add a little extra weight and thickness, but if you can live with it, it might take care of your battery concerns without having to carry a spare or keeping a charger around all the time.
    05-18-2010 08:24 AM
    8 Email: Ha bet you thought I would say Berry right? WRONG! this is why I got an Inc. I needed a better browser and liked the other superior aspects but when my buddy got his Inc. on my reccomendation and I routed all his accounts through his Gmail his Inc was getting emails before my Berry!
    I hate to be the one to point this out, but BB pushes email every 1-5 minutes where Google only pushes every 10-50 minutes.......I never got my email more than 2-3 minutes after someone sent it, with my Incredible I may get it a few minutes after they send it or I may get it 30 minutes later. As far as delivery goes email is NOT better on the Incredible. BB still owns that market.

There is a data sheet from VZW on the Inc somewhere else in these forums. About 31 pages. It shows the 1300 mAh battery and door, and also shows an extended battery door with an available 2150 mAh (don't know if it's available from VZW yet). It will add a little extra weight and thickness, but if you can live with it, it might take care of your battery concerns without having to carry a spare or keeping a charger around all the time.
    The 2150 isn't available yet. When it is it's supposed to add .1" to the thickness of the phone. About 1mm.
    05-18-2010 09:31 AM
    BB has push email regardless of type.
    BB has a sleeper magnet to save battery life
    BB has a better LED.

Why did I leave?
    BB has memory leaks and battery pulls were common on my 8330.
    If I am close enough to see the LED, just pick up the device anyway and look at the emails, etc.
    BB was slow and not just the browser.
    BB had apps that you had to pay for that were available for other platforms for free.
    In two years BB has upgraded memory and a ball to a pad.

Only thing I miss is the magnet sleeper.

So Android FTW.

I get my gmail sent faster to my phone than my pc...go figure.
    05-18-2010 09:36 AM
    The only thing that pushed me away from my BB was a faster all around phone. I never really had major issue with any BB I had. No battery pulls and all that lol......I just got tired of trying to surf the internet and waiting 3-5 minutes for it to do whatever it's doing.....
    05-18-2010 09:53 AM
    Same with me. The browser was horrible. Email was faster with BlackBerry but I can live with it. The Incredible's browser blew me away when I first used it. That hooked me, plus all the apps available and not overpriced like in BlackBerry AppWorld.
    05-18-2010 10:00 AM
    Qazme you are a freak if you didn't have BP's LOL
    05-18-2010 10:00 AM
    I think I honestly only "had" to pull my battery twice the entire time I owned the phone. But I didn't run a bunch of stuff on it either. No games.....Berry Buzz, PodTrapper, MeterBerry, UberTwitter, StormSlider, and SimpleWeather. It would run for weeks then I would restart it because it wasn't feeling as peepy. Still love my Incredible where I only liked my BB.

BB's are like fat chicks, they are fun to play with but don't let your friends catch ya. (lol old/corny joke I know.....)
    05-18-2010 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD