Verizon rep says to stay away

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like he was trying to sell you a phone that he actaully had in stock. What a scumbag.

I wouldn't say he's a scumbag... It's a part of being a salesperson, although the VZW rep shouldn't have bashed the Incredible. Instead, he should've said all the great things about the Moto Droid or Eris.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say he's a scumbag... It's a part of being a salesperson, although the VZW rep shouldn't have bashed the Incredible. Instead, he should've said all the great things about the Moto Droid or Eris.

Yes, they shouldnt have which is exaclty what makes them a scumbag.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been with bb for several years and my most recent is the Tour. I just got the Incredible on Sunday and all I can say is WOW. It runs circles around the Tour. I think my Tour will be going on ebay soon.

Few thoughts:
1. I hear people talk about reception not being good on the Inc. I haven't had any issues with calls being dropped and it sounds fine. The browser speed is incredbile, I can't believe how fast pages load. Rim needs a major overhaul on their browser.
2. Battery does suck, I plan to get a larger capacity battery. But since I charge every night, doesn't concern me much.
3. VZW reps back what they own and how much they are told to push products. That's why the Pre Plus bombed... because none of the vzw reps own them.

I do think that the BB's notifications are better as well as profile settings. But I am learning to use this one as well.

You have 30 days to play and use it, I say GO FOR IT !

tkalvey

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I broke my iphone just in time for the release of the incredible. I ordered the incredible within minutes of my iphone going out.

The next day the apple store fixed my iphone (too bad). I now had two phones and had the luxury of really deciding which one I wanted. I LOVED the incredible....but it got bad reception. There were times I could not connect a call. I don't live in the outskirts of Northern Idaho..I live near a reasonably populated city. My iphone gives me 5 bars all day long. In the same "areas" I get two bars at best from the incredible. Maybe when my contract expires, there will be some super android phones on At&t.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Reception is one of the worse that I've had in a long time, but then again, I hardly use the thing on voice. Does anyone use voice more than data? Other than that, battery life is what I would expect for a phone like this with the stock battery, no .revolutions in that dept. lately

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The rep was just jealous.

Unfortunately I have experienced some reception problems with my Incredible. I live in an area with low reception, but my S1 used to do OK, maybe one dropped call a week. My incredible drops a call every day. I guess I'll have to break down and buy a network extender because I don't see any new towers going up around me.

I have found that battery life varies. I suspect there could be an app that sometimes causes a major battery leak because some days I can go to bed with 30% remaining and others I have to recharge by lunchtime. I have disabled continuous network connection and generally leave GPS, Wi-Fi and BT off unless I am using them. Would really like to see improvement in this area. If, as another poster suspected, it has something to do with CityID I will be pissed.

All that said, the Incredible is the best device I've ever seen. I like my moms iPhone, liked my old BB, but the Incredible is miles ahead. I can't wait to see what FroYo brings.

ultrav23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will have to say for my Inc that the signal strength seems to be bad, but it has never been an issue. Even with no bars I have made phone calls with no ill affects. On the other hand my BB Storm always showed 4 bars in my home with horrible reception (echoes, cut outs, lost calls, etc...). So far with the Inc no issues with phone calls in my house to date despite showing 0-1 bars at all times. Also, when holding the phone with your hand out the signal seems to be lower as you are usually cover the antenna in the back while holding to your ear you typically don't cover the entire back of the phone improving reception.

The battery sucks, but no worse than my BB Storm. I had to close everything on not have anything running just to get through the day with a charge. When you have a 1ghz processor you cant expect great battery performance. Nobody gets mad when their laptop only get 4-6 hours of use on a charge what is the difference. If you want good battery performance get a basic flip phone with no features and it will last for weeks, but what is the use in that. If HTC had made the battery any bigger we would be complaining about the size of the device so pick you battle. I am sure an extended battery will be available soon and you can walk around with a brick in pocket.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The signal strength on my Incredible has been fine. No issues at all with dropped calls, and in fact people are saying I sound crisper and clearer on this phone than I did on the Storm 2 or iPhone.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
im on week 2 of owning this phone and i love every second of it. definitely the happiest a piece of technology has made me lol

Aces and 8s

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Another tour user to incredible user here. All statements false less the battery life. But then again what do expect out of a phone with such a huge screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692