Hello!

I made a video to demonstrate what I'm talking about! :P

(And a video is worth ~10000 words )

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
    x.v_
    05-18-2010 09:16 AM
    Not really a bug since you are using software that was not designed for the Incredible.
    05-18-2010 09:21 AM
    Sounds like a problem with Swipe or LauncherPro not your Incredible.
    05-18-2010 09:28 AM
    That's a swype issue. You are doing it so fast, it thinks it is the same "touch".
    05-18-2010 09:29 AM
    I gotta say, if you've put software on it that wasn't sent out with the phone, you can't call it a hardware bug for sure.
    05-18-2010 09:47 AM
    It's not a Swype issue...it can be recreated with any multitouch app. It's either an Android bug or a problem with the screen/driver. Want me to make more demos? Lol

Try it out for yourself!
    05-18-2010 09:49 AM
    I gotta say, if you've put software on it that wasn't sent out with the phone, you can't call it a hardware bug for sure.
    HTC_IME doesn't draw lines. That's the only thing that changes. I'll make a small program if you don't believe me. Does no one have trouble typing fast? Sorry for double post, on Tapatalk.

Oh found out how to edit, my bad. Anyways, I am saying this is a sortware bug, not hardware. The way the phone interprets dragging your finger is too sensitive basically.
    05-18-2010 09:53 AM
    I see what you're saying. I was able to reproduce it with Shapewriter. You can also drag folders around your home screen. Hold till it goes green, then let go first finger, and tap second at a desired location really fast. Icon will drop at second location.
    05-18-2010 02:13 PM
    Ahhhh, okay. I stand corrected.
    05-18-2010 02:16 PM
    I see what you're saying. I was able to reproduce it with Shapewriter. You can also drag folders around your home screen. Hold till it goes green, then let go first finger, and tap second at a desired location really fast. Icon will drop at second location.
    So it's not just me. This is quite interesting.
    05-18-2010 02:21 PM
    Bump?! This is very serious! :P
    05-18-2010 08:05 PM
    After doing some testing on mine I can have it switch screens by hitting the screen quickly in two spots. Not really sure its a problem since I haven't noticed it until this thread started.
    05-18-2010 08:33 PM
    Oh that's a good test, I can recreate that. :P I hadn't noticed that. I only notice this in the keyboard, but it limits me there.
    05-18-2010 09:21 PM
    I don't think it is a bug, but rather a limitation of the software or hardware in the device. You are going faster than the device allows. Doubt there would be a fix for it.
    05-18-2010 10:37 PM
    I don't think it is a bug, but rather a limitation of the software or hardware in the device. You are going faster than the device allows. Doubt there would be a fix for it.
    This may be true... but my iPod has no trouble with this. It could just be it's screen is better at handling presses like this.
    05-19-2010 09:24 AM
    One of the things I noticed with my Droid, I have to slow down on what I'm typing bc if not it wont record my keystrokes and it's rather annoying. I downloaded better keyboard and I have the keystrokes enabled (so I can see where I'm actually pressing, making sure I'm not missing the keys) and I tap my keys and if I type too fast it wont record the letter which is rather annoying. Now the reason I bring this up is also because the marks also show red lines on my screen which represent drags. So this has to be something software related is my guess. The reason I say that's is bc before I bought this I read a lot about the tech spec reviews n such and from what I've read this touch screen is supposed to be better than the iPhone and so far I've noticed this isn't the case. :/
    05-20-2010 07:51 AM
    I don't have any of these issues; must be a really slow typist!
    05-20-2010 08:50 AM
    One of the things I noticed with my Droid, I have to slow down on what I'm typing bc if not it wont record my keystrokes and it's rather annoying. I downloaded better keyboard and I have the keystrokes enabled (so I can see where I'm actually pressing, making sure I'm not missing the keys) and I tap my keys and if I type too fast it wont record the letter which is rather annoying. Now the reason I bring this up is also because the marks also show red lines on my screen which represent drags. So this has to be something software related is my guess. The reason I say that's is bc before I bought this I read a lot about the tech spec reviews n such and from what I've read this touch screen is supposed to be better than the iPhone and so far I've noticed this isn't the case. :/
    When you say Droid, are you talking DI or D? :P Because if you're talking just Droid, then this must be an Android bug, I would assume. Also, I completely know what you're talking about, I did the exact same thing with Smart Keyboard Pro (having it mark where I tap and discovering the line) and also feel the exact same limitation as you. I feel like the touchscreen is less than expected based on this problem. (Offtopic: I am loving Hi-res OLED though! )

Hopefully this just gets silently fixed in Froyo.

I don't have any of these issues; must be a really slow typist!
    May be true! ;D
    05-20-2010 06:51 PM
    You sure got to try aweful hard to make this "bug" happen. I have never had a problem with it scrolling one way or the other while I was typing fast. Or with it having issues registering keystrokes etc, I also use Swype.

I would say, if anything the reason this may be happening is because you are using a launcher on top of Sense UI. If you want to report a bug about a hardware device, rather it's software or not, you generally want to eliminate as many variables as possible. So ditch all your add-ons, maybe a factory wipe, then recreate it on the same newly activated phone. If it does it then, then you may have something.

But reporting it using a 3rd party launcher and 3rd party keyboard is hardly close to proving your point.
    05-20-2010 07:37 PM
    You sure got to try aweful hard to make this "bug" happen. I have never had a problem with it scrolling one way or the other while I was typing fast. Or with it having issues registering keystrokes etc, I also use Swype.

I would say, if anything the reason this may be happening is because you are using a launcher on top of Sense UI. If you want to report a bug about a hardware device, rather it's software or not, you generally want to eliminate as many variables as possible. So ditch all your add-ons, maybe a factory wipe, then recreate it on the same newly activated phone. If it does it then, then you may have something.

But reporting it using a 3rd party launcher and 3rd party keyboard is hardly close to proving your point.
    No. Simply try it yourself, and you will see. The launcher & keyboard are not the cause, simply because this is a system bug. It is NOT app specific. It can be recreated everywhere, including after resetting.

Also, as a small side note, you actually wouldn't notice this at all in Swype if using it as designed. I simply used Swype to illustrate the problem (because it draws the nice line where you drag ).
    05-20-2010 08:45 PM
    I'm following what you are saying, however it will not do it on my phone, even using your technique to show it. I never have problems with the screens scrolling by themselves, unresponsive keyboard inputs or anything else. Just one of those things, I'm not sure I would straight out call it a defect in the system or screen when so far you are the only one I've seen with this issue. Could just be a bad phone is all I'm saying.
    05-20-2010 11:47 PM
    People in this thread can recreate it... I don't think its only me. I don't have any trouble with it scrolling by itself, I only notice it when typing very fast on any keyboard.
    05-21-2010 09:35 AM
    I only had an issue with the touchscreen being unresponsive but my battery was seriously dead, and after I charged it and powered it up I had a auto-scrolling screen issue which seem to be fixed by recalibrating the g-sensor.

I haven't had any such issues since.
    05-21-2010 09:53 AM
    People in this thread can recreate it... I don't think its only me. I don't have any trouble with it scrolling by itself, I only notice it when typing very fast on any keyboard.
    Ah you guys must be typing a heck of a lot faster than me then lol, and I type fast. Swyping now though so no comparisons can be made, I'm much much faster on it now that I've gotten used to it.

So basically what you are reporting, is that when typing fast the keyboard becomes unresponsive because the screen think you are trying to scroll instead of type?

Maybe it's because you are hitting both fingers at the same time? I need to rewatch that video again.
    05-21-2010 12:18 PM
    Ah you guys must be typing a heck of a lot faster than me then lol, and I type fast. Swyping now though so no comparisons can be made, I'm much much faster on it now that I've gotten used to it.

So basically what you are reporting, is that when typing fast the keyboard becomes unresponsive because the screen think you are trying to scroll instead of type?

Maybe it's because you are hitting both fingers at the same time? I need to rewatch that video again.
    Yes, that is correct. If you tap twice on the screen, one after the other, too quickly it thinks you just dragged your finger from Point A to Point B.
    05-21-2010 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD