I just got the Inc. and I know on the eris you can disable Sense UI and just use regular android launcher. Is there anyway to do this on the Inc? I tried to clear defaults on Sense UI in application manager and that did not work. Any input on this would be highly appreciated
    05-18-2010 02:17 PM
    No there is not. HTC removed some key components of the android OS and replaced them with Sense. So Sense is no longer just an overlay, it is actually integrated now.
    05-18-2010 02:33 PM
    damn that really sucks. helix launcher would not work with that either correct?
    05-18-2010 03:26 PM
    Helix and LauncherPro will disable Sense for you.
    05-18-2010 03:30 PM
    No there is not. HTC removed some key components of the android OS and replaced them with Sense. So Sense is no longer just an overlay, it is actually integrated now.
    pretty much everything ive read says that's not accurate. sense ui IS supposed to be an overlay over the android os. also, im pretty sure there are a couple of apps running around that will disable sense ui if you wanted to.
    05-18-2010 03:33 PM
    Helix and LauncherPro will disable Sense for you.
    they won't disable it, but you can use them on top of it and in place of the sense launcher so it will seem as though that sense is disabled, but the framework remains there underneath
    05-18-2010 04:24 PM
    Yeah I tried the Nexus launcher over the top of it, but it's more problems than it's worth and seemed to run to the effect you could tell it was running on top of something else. The something else being Sense.
    05-18-2010 04:30 PM
    pretty much everything ive read says that's not accurate. Sense ui is supposed to be an overlay over the android os. Also, im pretty sure there are a couple of apps running around that will disable sense ui if you wanted to.
    npotdiwr.
    05-18-2010 05:37 PM
    npotdiwr.
    huh, what?
    05-18-2010 07:49 PM
    pretty much everything ive read says that's not accurate. sense ui IS supposed to be an overlay over the android os. also, im pretty sure there are a couple of apps running around that will disable sense ui if you wanted to.
    sense used be more of a skin on top, but as htc goes further and further, they seem to be going deeper into android.

i've never heard of an app that can disable sense unless you're talking about a launcher app, but like i stated earlier, they will not completely disable sense, but rather replace sense's launcher.

the only way to totally disable it is with root and a custom rom that has it ripped out.
    05-19-2010 12:39 AM
    huh, what?
    Not Possible On The Droid Incredible With Out Root.
    05-19-2010 01:30 PM
    Yeah and can't wait till they get that, I'm ready to play around with some cool stuff!
    05-19-2010 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD