A way to use the scroll button to unlock the phone?

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been asked but I was wondering if there is any way to get the scroll button to bring you to the lockscreen instead of having to tap the lock/off button on the top of the phone?

(mainly I just want to be able to tap the scroll button when the screen is black to bring up the lockscreen.)

**I don't want to remove the swipescreen, I only want to be able to press the optical scroll button to bring the phone out of sleep to the swipescreen.

dank

Last edited:

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Try Nolock in the market
It allows just that, you can either use the top button to un lock the inc or press the scroll button.
It works well.

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Try Nolock in the market
It allows just that, you can either use the top button to un lock the inc or press the scroll button.
It works well.

Nolock does not do that, it just locks the screen on its own personal app when you click the icon or widget. There are no options are really anything benefitial to that app. Is it possible you meant a different app?

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My bad. I had two different lock apps installed at one point ans one of them unlocked the phone to the homescreen with no need to swipe by hold ing the OTP for like 2 seconds..I thought it was no lock.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no app that does this and only this. I tried Lockbot and it does this but it ALSO will replace the default swipe to unlock screen. The app also forced closed and made me reboot the frakking phone so that POS isnt on the phone anymore

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no app that does this and only this. I tried Lockbot and it does this but it ALSO will replace the default swipe to unlock screen. The app also forced closed and made me reboot the frakking phone so that POS isnt on the phone anymore

That totally sucks, you'd think they would come up with something so simple or have had it included on the phone already. I mainly just want to press the button to get to the unlock screen, I don't want it to remove the swipescreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC