And lastly, backing up my apps to restore phone

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The last time I wiped my phone, I wrote down every app I had, where they were on each page and after wiping, manually downloaded them all again.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I have a couple of apps that I didn't get from the market.

I believe my pictures, videos and music is on my SD card. How can I make sure of that?

My wife has the same phone as me and out of nowhere, her music player will start playing music. It's the stock player (also did the same thing with the one I downloaded) so I can't uninstall and reinstall. I forced stop and cleared data but that didn't work so I am going to wipe her phone out too.

Again, I need to make sure pictures, videos and music are on the SD card (not really even so much the music but definitely the pics and vids or even a way to drag them over to a computer and then back to the phone).

Also, am I correct in thinking all data inside the apps will be deleted?

Thanks for the help guys. The last time I wiped my phone it took me forever to get it back to the way I had it doing it the manual way.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The last time I wiped my phone, I wrote down every app I had, where they were on each page and after wiping, manually downloaded them all again.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I have a couple of apps that I didn't get from the market.

I believe my pictures, videos and music is on my SD card. How can I make sure of that?

My wife has the same phone as me and out of nowhere, her music player will start playing music. It's the stock player (also did the same thing with the one I downloaded) so I can't uninstall and reinstall. I forced stop and cleared data but that didn't work so I am going to wipe her phone out too.

Again, I need to make sure pictures, videos and music are on the SD card (not really even so much the music but definitely the pics and vids or even a way to drag them over to a computer and then back to the phone).

Also, am I correct in thinking all data inside the apps will be deleted?

Thanks for the help guys. The last time I wiped my phone it took me forever to get it back to the way I had it doing it the manual way.

1. For re-installation of apps, you can go to market.android.com and sign in with your Google account - every app ever downloaded under that account will show up there.

2. All media is always saved to the memory card (possibly could be on the phone's internal storage, depending on how your settings are set). Neither the memory card nor the internal storage is wiped when doing a reset, unless you select that option. It really is a good idea to hook your phone up and make a backup of the memory card, maybe once a month or so, just to be sure that you don't lose anything if the phone is lost or stolen, or if your memory card decides to crap out.

3. Not sure about the wife's phone. You could try updating her music app to Google Music from the Market, but it's kind of hard to know where the issue lies. If updating doesn't work, a reset is probably best, as long as she doesn't mind.

Protip: for advanced backup options, check out MyBackup Pro in the Market. You can backup a lot of information, but unfortunately, app data is not one of them. You would have to have a rooted phone for that to be possible.