Can you help me do this?

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys I have a question that I am sure one of the Gurus here can help me with...

I have a DInc, and I plan on giving it to my son without cellphone service. Basically it will be used like an Ipod.

I want to know if I leave all my apps on it, then delete my gmail address from it, will he still have all of my apps?

What I want is for him to have all of my apps, but not sync my gmail to the DInc through wifi.

Thanks in advance for any help!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys I have a question that I am sure one of the Gurus here can help me with...

I have a DInc, and I plan on giving it to my son without cellphone service. Basically it will be used like an Ipod.

I want to know if I leave all my apps on it, then delete my gmail address from it, will he still have all of my apps?

What I want is for him to have all of my apps, but not sync my gmail to the DInc through wifi.

Thanks in advance for any help!

If it is the only Google account on the phone, the only way to remove it is to do a factory reset.

You could simply turn off the sync in the settings, or if he's old enough to the point where you'd rather him not have access at all, you could change your password on the computer and the new password would have to be entered on the phone in order to sync anything. He would then be free to set up his own Google account for downloading apps, etc. in the future

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Or you could go into settings, accounts and sync, and remove whatever accounts you don't want left over on the phone.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Or you could go into settings, accounts and sync, and remove whatever accounts you don't want left over on the phone.

Like I said, if it's the only Google account on the phone, you can't remove it unless you factory reset, which I don't think he wants to do...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, if it's the only Google account on the phone, you can't remove it unless you factory reset, which I don't think he wants to do...

Really? You may be right. Just seems like you could just remove your Google account from the phone. I haven't tried it but when I go to my account under Menu>settings>accounts, sync>Google...I get a choice to "Remove Account".

Like I said I've never tried it and you're probably right, just seems like there should be an easier way.

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am going to try the remove account option, but first I will add in my son's gmail account. I will let you know how things go. Thanks for the help, guys.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Really? You may be right. Just seems like you could just remove your Google account from the phone. I haven't tried it but when I go to my account under Menu>settings>accounts, sync>Google...I get a choice to "Remove Account".

Like I said I've never tried it and you're probably right, just seems like there should be an easier way.

You would think you'd be able to, and it should be an option for users but Google decided against it for some reason. Yes, you can tap on "Remove Account" but then you'll get a message that says "this account is required for services and can only be removed by doing a factory reset" or something along those lines. It also remembers which account was first, so you can't add another account and then delete the first one.

Dumb, I know..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC