flashing amber notification

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so i got a replacement phone yesterday from verizon, it worked fine yesterday, no refurb sticker on the back or anything.

today i wake up (luckily i didn't have to work today) and my phone is dead

i take it off the charger and fiddle with it, won't turn on, so i plug it in a few times and now it finally just shows a flashing amber notification

so then i take out the seidio 1750 battery and throw in the stock battery

phone turns on and works normally

so i swap back. same flashing amber and won't boot.

i'm going to email seidio today and see what they say, but it seems that something is wrong with my battery.

does anyone know what a flashing amber notification means?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
what i'm wondering is if it's the phone or the battery.

my guess is the battery since the phone will charge the stock and 1500mah battery i have just fine, but when i put in the 1750 it gives me that issue.

i've emailed seidio for an rma, so hopefully it was just a bad battery and the replacement is fine.

i would have been furious if i had to work today though, as my phone is my alarm clock.

the thing that i don't get though, is if i had the battery in, even if it was dead, shouldn't the phone turn on if i have it plugged in?

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I had this problem with my Storm1 or a laptop for that matter, doing a battery pull while plugged in always seemed to get the battery to take a charge...might be worth a try.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that's one of the first things i tried.

for now i've gone back to my old phone with the seidio battery and it seems to be working fine.

so i'm going to get a replacement for my replacement and exchange the battery too.

all new things should solve my problems, right?

but my current assessment is that the charging port on the replacement phone is broken.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I had this problem with my Storm1 or a laptop for that matter, doing a battery pull while plugged in always seemed to get the battery to take a charge...might be worth a try.

I WOULD NOT pull the battery while the phone is plugged in. It is in the manual not to do that. You might end up with a bad phone too.

As for the dead battery.... you didn't say if you were AC Charging or not.

Are you sure it was charging last night? I had one night where I thought I was charging but found out in the morning that the charger was not totally plugged into the power source. Luckily, it had not run down completely and I was able to get a quick charge before leaving the house to get me to work where I simply plugged in at my desk until fully charged.

Also, make sure you try plugging into AC with the dead battery as many times, it is the only thing that will bring a battery back.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i agree that a battery pull in the way that it was done on blackberry's is not a good idea on an android handset. what i did was pull it out and put it back in while it was off (since it wouldn't turn on, it was the only option anyways)

it was charging with the htc charger, which is plugged in right (i've used it since i got the phone with no problems)

i am leaning more and more to the (replacement) phone being the culprit and not the battery

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i would have been furious if i had to work today though, as my phone is my alarm clock.?

My phone was my alarm clock as well, until it didnt go off on Tuesday morning. I was an hour late to work, and got a strongly worded warning. I dont have a clue why it stopped working, but it doesnt work anymore. So I went to target and got a cheapo alarm clock. Just a little heads up warning.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
My phone was my alarm clock as well, until it didnt go off on Tuesday morning. I was an hour late to work, and got a strongly worded warning. I dont have a clue why it stopped working, but it doesnt work anymore. So I went to target and got a cheapo alarm clock. Just a little heads up warning.

i have a cheap alarm clock, but until that day, my phone has been a reliable replacement for it.

i'm usually not late ever though, so even if i was late one day if i got hassled about it, i'd be more pissed at my boss. :)