Anyone else feel cheated? Well a little...

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else feels funny they didn't have any Droid branding when they got their Incredible

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I prefer mines without it. To be honest, I wish VZW didn't clump the Incredible into the Droid branding (but I know from a marketing standpoint, it made more sense), as I don't want people confusing the MotoDroid with the Incredible.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think the most confusing thing with the droid branding is that the motorola droid was simply called the droid, makes it confusing down the line.

personally i don't care much either way, but i do appreciate what it has done for the android platform from a marketing sense.

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not really, I was fine with the HTC Incredible, but as previous posters have said, I understand why the "Droid" tag was added. It's cool with me! :D

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I like it because it makes us a droid family no matter what manufacturer device we have. We are all servents of the Great Red Eye. Unlike BB, we can jump around from one manufacturer to another, yet enjoy the Android OS.

biggins82786

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I'm cool with it not having the Droid tagged onto it. I never owned a Motorola Droid but from messing with friends phones and in VZW stores...I hate that damn thing. I'm glad I'm not tied to it. (I've always disliked Motorola)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Cheated by not having "Droid" somewhere on the phone? Nah not really I could care less if the phone was called the HTC Droid Incredible Super Sunflower Bubble Gum Hop Along Gator Chaser........

I like the phone for what it offers, not for what it's called lol :)

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
i prefer just calling it the HTC Incredible. i do not refer to it as "the Droid" or "a Droid". my old Moto Droid was the Droid.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Cheated by not having "Droid" somewhere on the phone? Nah not really I could care less if the phone was called the HTC Droid Incredible Super Sunflower Bubble Gum Hop Along Gator Chaser........

Well, you don't hear that every day. :p

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
verizon really should have just called the moto droid the "Droid *insert name here*" so there wouldn't be all this confusion. Droid as a brand just pretty much means high end android smartphones on Verizon. thats why you dont see stuff like the ally getting Droid branding.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
In all seriousness I've gotten tired of calling it the incredible when talking to someone about my phone, so I call it the Inc (pronounced INK) or the DI. Incredible is a mouth of finger full if talking or typing about it....

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Na. I would have like a little android guy on the back corner, that would have been cool. It's all marketing and I'm sure verizon pays george lucas a pretty penny to use "DROID".

trock70

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My point was with all the commercials showing the Inc with the "Droid" eye and them smearing "Droid" branding like it's a "Droid" (wait isn't that a Motorola?) mine was shipped without anything saying Droid on it. Being a longtime fan of Lucas and his creations I'm cool with the name but I don't know if I have a HTC Incredible or the Droid Incredible from HTC lol. All in all I love the phone for what it does (WAAAYYY better than BB Storm!!) So I'm a happy boy no matter what

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I wish it had was the spinning "eye" and the "Droid" sound on bootup. The rest, I don't really care about.

Calling everything "Droid" solidifies the brand.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
verizon really should have just called the moto droid the "Droid *insert name here*" so there wouldn't be all this confusion. Droid as a brand just pretty much means high end android smartphones on Verizon. thats why you dont see stuff like the ally getting Droid branding.

I completely agree with you on your post. If they were going to continue with the Droid branding, then they should have never just left the MotoDroid as "Droid." This makes things very confusing for people new to Android devices/OS as now, they have the Moto Droid, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, and Android the OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon