Why Am I Showing 3 Calendars?

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i know i can select which one's data is visible, but why do i have 3 in the first place? i'm showing "My Calendar", my Gmail calendar and "PC Sync". if i select the menu option to delete them, the only one i am able to choose for deletion is the gmail one (which is the only one i actually want to keep)

how did i get 3 calendars and how can i get rid of them?

drPheta

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
What are you syncing your calendars with using HTC Sync? If it's your Outlook, then clear the calendar on your Outlook (if you don't need it) and then resync your device with HTC Sync.

to clear you Outlook calendar:
1. Go to the Outlook Calendar
2. Click View
3. Mouseover Current View, and select All Appointments
4. Select and delete the desired appointments.
5. Go to your Deleted Items and permanently delete them from the Mailbox.

As far as My Calendar, on my device it's my personal Google Calendar. In fact, all my Google calendars show up on my device and are labeled exactly the same as on my Gmail account. Hope this helps a bit.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
i know i can select which one's data is visible, but why do i have 3 in the first place? i'm showing "My Calendar", my Gmail calendar and "PC Sync". if i select the menu option to delete them, the only one i am able to choose for deletion is the gmail one (which is the only one i actually want to keep)

how did i get 3 calendars and how can i get rid of them?

What are you syncing your calendars with using HTC Sync? If it's your Outlook, then clear the calendar on your Outlook (if you don't need it) and then resync your device with HTC Sync.

As far as My Calendar, on my device it's my personal Google Calendar. In fact, all my Google calendars show up on my device and are labeled exactly the same as on my Gmail account. Hope this helps a bit.

Same issue here and I hate this!! Outlook is my original calendar. Then I started Google Calendar and that seemed to start duplicating alot of my stuff, just wouldn't seem to be able to play nicely. Then I added the HTC Sync into the mix, mind you this should all be the same calendar, and now it does multiples of some items and erases some of the others and some birthdays, it stretches it out for 2 days....WTH?!?!?!?!
My current calendars on my Incredible are
1) My Calendar
2) (my email address)
3) PC Sync

This drives me nuts!!! It should be one calendar as I originally intended!!!!!!!!

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they do not integrate particulary well. LOTS of duplicates. My Calendar, I thought, should be an integration of all calendars. My suggestion would be that if you are going to use multiple calendars, then they should be discrete. That is, Google only for personal appointments. Outlook for business. Etc. If you want only one calendar, since this is a Google phone, I would sync your Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar and then Google ONLY with the Incredible.

This way, you get over the air sync and don't have to hook up to your PC. This is the only way I can think of to avoid duplicates.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

no i have my personal google calendar that is labeled exactly the same as my gmail account. but there's also a mysterious one named "my calendar". no idea where that came from. there's no way i can delete my calendar entries in outlook, but i did delete them on the phone from the "PC sync" calendar. it's not populating anymore, but the original problem stands. i have 3 calendars listed but only want one (the gmail one). is there any way to delete the other two?

i figured out that by unchecking the other two i was no longer seeing all the duplicates, but i still want the other useless ones gone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae