email about switching from BB to Inc

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
about 10 mins ago I got an email from Blackberry wanting me to take a 25 minute online survey about why I recently switched from Blackberry to Incredible.

Anyone else get this?

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
No, but I really hope I do. I have had quite a few issues with the BB's I have to support at work, and I'd love to explain my concerns to them.

Why don't you post the text of the email here?

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
here it is.....

I haven't responded yet...

Hello,

BlackBerry has partnered with Ipsos (an independent research company), and would like to invite you to complete a 25 minute online survey about the BlackBerry smartphone. We are looking to understand the motivation behind your recent return or change in service. To be entered into the Sweepstakes, please complete this survey by Tuesday, May 25th. Your participation is greatly appreciated! Click here for full contest Rules and Regulations.

Everyone who qualifies for and completes the survey by Tuesday, May 25th will have 35 chances to win one of the following Sweepstake prizes*:

1 of 5 AMEX gift cards for $1,000
1 of 10 AMEX gift cards for $250
1 of 20 AMEX gift cards for $50

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't look unreasonable, actually.

The only odd thing is why would everyone who participates get 35 chances in the drawing. That doesn't really increase your odds, except maybe winning more than one prize.

I'd still like to get that mail.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
25 minute survey holy **** that's asking a lot of someone who changed because they didn't like your product

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
25 minute survey holy **** that's asking a lot of someone who changed because they didn't like your product

Which is why they are offering the drawing with high dollar prizes.

It's a realistic approach for a company who has had the corner on the mobile messaging/email market until fairly recently. They have to realize that their domination is being effectively challenged on several fronts. The iPhone was a small hit, but the Android line is poised to do some very severe damage to RIM's bottom line.

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I got this email also. I went from a 8330 Curve to the Incredible...BB has a long way to go and I'm not sure they will be able to catch up due to speed Android keeps progressing...lol

I'll help them out by completing the survey and cross my fingers in hope of getting some money out of the deal. I don't think I'll own a BB again...

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Did it come through your email address registered with VZW (or other provider), or one you had set up through BIS/BES?

Got it in my hotmail account which was set up through BIS, not sure why they picked the hotmail account, must of been a random selection of my email addresses I had set up on the blackberry.

srvac

May 4, 2010
Visit site
They know why, they have been so stubborn and slow with upgrades that the iPhone and now Android have passed them by.

I've made the arguments over on Crackberry before; many of us want a better browsing experience and a phone that is fun to use. Email is important, of course, but many of us can live with a 15 minute delay in email. If time is critical, we'll call or even SMS. We are tired of phones are damn near obsolete when released with minuscule amounts of RAM so we have to closely watch what we install. We are tired of battery pulls, memory leaks, and the occasional (but crippling) RIM data outages. We are tired of waiting for the "Tour 2" (Bold 9650) so you can have a trackpad and WiFi on a high end phone. Personally, I was tired of waiting for the "Storm 3" so I dumped my Storm and am not looking back.

But a 25 minute survey, that's too long. I'll have to see when I get mine