Searching For Lowest Price. (HELP?)

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I am honestly dissastified with the phone and yes I do want the new bad a** incredible I guess I could manage for 6 more months to see what's new but I would hate to wait and see the new thing is the Wildfire. The Shadow aka droid 2 is not my style really, I like candy bar phones better.

The Wildfire, from what I've read, doesn't look like it will be coming to the states (will be on T-Mo in the UK, and I believe some Asian carriers), and if it did, it wouldn't be on VZW since they already have a target phone for that target audience (tweens' that are obsessed with social networking = Kin 1 and Kin 2)

Honestly, I wouldn't dive too much into the renders of the Shadow/Droid 2. Let actual photos come out before you decide as you'd be surprised. The guys at Howardforums have leaked some pretty awesome specs for it and if I wasn't so impatient (and if I didn't love HTC much more than Motorola), I'd be all over their next coming of the Droid.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
With the speed of Android device releases if they turn you down and you decide to give up you haven't lost anything. To mirror what some have already said give it another 5-6 months and you will be able to get your hands on a device that will probably stomp on everything out right now.

As far as the NE2 I still get $100 if I wait. so far the last two phones I haven't so I'm not sure if I still get the $100 of it I only get $50 right now. I know they gave me $50 this time only 1 year into my contract and he said he was giving me half my NE2, so I'm still not 100% sure.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
That is incorrect. I have been with Verizon for over 7 years now, and have had my $100 dollar NE2 grandfathered to me, to which I used it on my Incredible. I have been told directly from VZW representatives that there is a certain cutoff in age that you can have it grandfathered. How long have you been with VZW? A year before is not long, considering I have several years under my belt.

Please don't tell me that something is "incorrect' when it happened to me.

Here's an email I sent Verizon after one of the times it happened (Got Storm2 back in November 2009):

"if you were enrolled in the New Every Two program on or after February 15, 2009, and you were on a price plan between $34.99 - $79.98 monthly access for at least the last three months; then your next New Every Two upgrade will qualify you to receive up to an extra $30.00 off the promotional price for a new phone. If your price plan is $79.99 monthly access and higher, the extra discount will be up to $50.00 off."

That was my point. I created the line -- enrolled in NE2 if you prefer -- in MARCH 24 of 2008 and the only significant change to that line was changing the 8830 I bought on the line to the Storm1 in November of last year. I did not use an upgrade from that account to do so (the upgrade was from another account, I can look it up if you need but I am fairly certain it was the xxx-xxx-xxxx line) nor did I change the calling plan so tell me why I am not eligible for the full $100 I was when I created the line in the first place?

Now here is their response:

I do understand your frustration.

At this time because the phone was replaced multiple times is the reason why your New Every Two discount changed.

Now those reading that this was a Storm may be thinking that she is referring to a FRU (defective replacent) but she isn't. I still have my original Storm from a week after launch and I've never had it replaced.

All I did was use an upgrade FROM ANOTHER LINE to get a Storm and put it on the line that had an 8 month old 8830 on it.

It most certainly IS happening and it's happened to me TWICE! Do not tell them I am "incorrect" again.

I've been with them for about 4 years and pay them over $400 a month (and was a VIP at the time when the program still existed) so I would think they would cut me some slack if they had the flexibility to do so.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Please don't tell me that something is "incorrect' when it happened to me.

It most certainly IS happening and it's happened to me TWICE! Do not tell them I am "incorrect" again.

Whoa partner calm down there. You do realize this is the internet and that he doesn't know you and you don't know him. In situations like this, where personal circumstances change the results, nothing is fact based off what you know, versus what is true with the other person. But I understand your frustration, but it's not like he's calling you a liar and knows you're telling the truth, sheesh.

With that being said, I only got $50 with my early upgrade which the rep on the phone told me would be half my NE2. Not sure now, if I'm still eligible for a full $100 NE2 now, lol. The mystery continues. I've been with Verizon since 2004 and have never had an issue getting my halved NE2 on early upgrades or my full $100 NE2 when I waited.....once lol.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Whoa partner calm down there. You do realize this is the internet and that he doesn't know you and you don't know him. In situations like this, where personal circumstances change the results, nothing is fact based off what you know, versus what is true with the other person. But I understand your frustration, but it's not like he's calling you a liar and knows you're telling the truth, sheesh.

With that being said, I only got $50 with my early upgrade which the rep on the phone told me would be half my NE2. Not sure now, if I'm still eligible for a full $100 NE2 now, lol. The mystery continues. I've been with Verizon since 2004 and have never had an issue getting my halved NE2 on early upgrades or my full $100 NE2 when I waited.....once lol.

He said something I told him happened to em was "incorrect" so now this isn't exactly the same thing as calling someone I lair it is close.

I've actually surprised you got any credit toward your early upgrade. They never have said no to me when I qualified but I have never gotten a discount/credit when it was early. This line was 21 months in and thus eligible for a full two year upgrade (needs to be 20).

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
He said something I told him happened to em was "incorrect" so now this isn't exactly the same thing as calling someone I lair it is close.

I've actually surprised you got any credit toward your early upgrade. They never have said no to me when I qualified but I have never gotten a discount/credit when it was early. This line was 21 months in and thus eligible for a full two year upgrade (needs to be 20).

First off, I'm not your child, so I really don't care if you do not like me terming one of your statements as "incorrect." If you carefully re-read your original post, you made it very clear that VZW is out to scam people out their money. Having been with them seven years, having known 10+ VZW employees from almost every area of their company infrastructure, and having known more than 100+ people including close friends who can vouch for that same company in question as some have been on VZW for longer than me, I can ASSURE YOU, they are NOT out to SCAM anyone.

As a company within the customer service/retail spectrum, there will obviously be issues/problems that will cause concern. But by blanketing everyone with your own experience is misleading. Either be more selective with your words or realize that someone will give you their mind. This is, as someone stated, the internet and I honestly was not trying to offend you (although a "liar" is a bit antagonizing, as I was very careful with my own words and that was not one of them). However, in the same breath, I do not answer to you nor feel any different if I rubbed you the wrong way over a post on a forum, in which all it contains are words. And if you are unable to handle what someone else posts on the internet, then I am going to assume you have much larger troubles in life than what VZW has to offer. I do not know you or your experiences so I understand your animosity towards VZW, but sharing what happened to you and telling someone what a company's objective is, are very two different things and neither of us know the chances of that same occurrence happening to the OP. If you have any other issue with me, I'd be glad to talk to you over private message as I do not want to take up anymore space in this thread.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow you are lucky! Typically, VZW will have you forfeit the NE2 on any early upgrades (anything between 12 months to 20 months, although the latter can be ambiguous depending on who you talk to and how convincing you are;)). Although I have never gotten my NE2 halved, I have been able to get my full $100 for every normal (20 month) upgrade to date.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've used my NE2 once the entire time I've been with Verizon and got it without asking, I was 26 months on term, out of contract etc. With my last couple of phones they have always given me half my NE2 when early upgrading. The term amounts where different I was 12 months in on this last contract when I did the incredible and I was 16 months in when I went to the Storm previous to this, before that I went from a dumb phone to the Storm as was about the same amount in......I guess I'm just lucky. Either that or the corp discount policy I'm under may have something to do with it? I dunno, all I know is they always have given me what I've asked for without too many problems.

Ah the internets....don't the tubes smell wonderful today!?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
First off, I'm not your child, so I really don't care if you do not like me terming one of your statements as "incorrect." If you carefully re-read your original post, you made it very clear that VZW is out to scam people out their money. Having been with them seven years, having known 10+ VZW employees from almost every area of their company infrastructure, and having known more than 100+ people including close friends who can vouch for that same company in question as some have been on VZW for longer than me, I can ASSURE YOU, they are NOT out to SCAM anyone.

As a company within the customer service/retail spectrum, there will obviously be issues/problems that will cause concern. But by blanketing everyone with your own experience is misleading. Either be more selective with your words or realize that someone will give you their mind. This is, as someone stated, the internet and I honestly was not trying to offend you (although a "liar" is a bit antagonizing, as I was very careful with my own words and that was not one of them). However, in the same breath, I do not answer to you nor feel any different if I rubbed you the wrong way over a post on a forum, in which all it contains are words. And if you are unable to handle what someone else posts on the internet, then I am going to assume you have much larger troubles in life than what VZW has to offer. I do not know you or your experiences so I understand your animosity towards VZW, but sharing what happened to you and telling someone what a company's objective is, are very two different things and neither of us know the chances of that same occurrence happening to the OP. If you have any other issue with me, I'd be glad to talk to you over private message as I do not want to take up anymore space in this thread.

I too don't want to sidetrack this thread so I will keep this brief:

* You said that something I said was "incorrect" when it clearly was not and I felt the need to show you proof. You were not clear in your first post that you were talking about my more general statement, not my specific incident. The term "liar" was Qazme's, not mine, but yes the way I took your statements you were doing just that. I stand corrected.
* All you have to do is take a look at my user name to see what I think of Verizon as a company. The idea that I have any animosity about the company in general is laughable. More often than not you will find me defending them, but in this case they were clearly WRONG. In my experience and from what I have read about other carries I have not used, Verizon Wireless is the best carrier in the US. Period. Great customer service, great network, great phone selection.
* Perhaps my word "scam" was a little strong, but Verizon like every other carrier is in the business to make money and they do so. Sometimes they do that by forcing users into things. For example they forcing uses to switch from America's Choice to Nationwide whenever they upgraded to more modern handset, the increased ETF fees, the required data plans, requiring the business class data plan for BESX users when RIM had intended it to be available on the standard BIS account, etc. I am not saying that there are not good reasons for some or all of these requirements, but the bottom line is they were made to make Verizon money.
* In my email I quoted back to her the exact policy that she had just sent me and explained that she was wrong. But instead of writing back something to the effect of "I understand and agree that you were not credited the correct NE2 amount and am crediting $50 to your account." No she was came up with another excuse that was not listed in the policy that she sent me. I really should have followed it up to someone higher in the company but let it go because I was busy at the time.
* It's happened to me twice (this was just the time I chose to call them on it) but I've also heard similar stories from others enough to be able accurately surmise that this is a general practice not just an isolated incident and yes I still feel I was scammed there.
* You sated that you have relationships from a lot of members of the company so I would suggest that you may be just a tad biased and not the most objective person when it comes to these things.

Enough of this, you explained your POV and I did mine and I am done with it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000