Google Buzz on the DI

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So, when I'm in the Google Buzz app, and I hit MENU -> Go To Buzz, it brings me to a page that states "Buzz.Google.Com requires Android OS 2.0+" Then it gives me a link to "Continue on an unsupported device".

Even when I click the buzz symbol from the widget, it brings me to this warning page. It seems that Buzz isn't recognizing 2.1 on the phone. Anyone else have this issue? I can't seem to find anything in the Google forums or on any of the threads here.

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but I've tried hard to get buzz going as an alternative to facebook (so I can delete my FB). I have like 8 friends on buzz, and like 200 on facebook. Seems to me like very few people have any desire to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it's fun to read buzz on google maps, some of the posts are really odd.

as to your issue, have you checked for an update to the app in the market?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really gotten deeply into it yet... It's new to me on the phone and I like trying everything out for a bit before I make a decision to stay with or abandon an app...

No updates are available in the market that I can find. Once I click that "Continue on unsupported OS" link, it seems to work fine, but I don't think I'm supposed to be brought to that error page.

If I go to "m.google.com", Buzz isn't even an available app for download. I know I already have it, but several other Google apps that are installed on the phone still show up as being available...

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Only the widget seems to be available in the market... Not the app for the phone itself... I was going to try uninstalling and redownloading, but can't find the app.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i didn't think there was an actual app.

i downloaded the widget and it lets me post and go to the site just fine. maybe it's a better solution?

where did you find the app originally?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
OK, well the app seems to be an extension of the widget, because if I click the Google Buzz icon in my apps folder, it opens the same screen as if I tapped the text space in the widget...

Once I'm in the full screen area to type what I want to "Buzz" about, if you hit menu and select Go To Google Buzz, I get the screen stating I need Android 2.0+ to work properly.

You don't get that screen, Adiliyo?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
nope, if i do that, it just takes me to the web app (mobile site)

no errors about android or anything...

what browser are you using?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
OK... I figured it out... In the browser settings, the option for "Mobile View" was unchecked... I guess it wasn't seeing the phone as a mobile browser and treated it as if you went to the site from a PC or something...

And the App was just the widget... When you click on it from the App folder, it brings you to the screen where you can post a "Buzz"... Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just discovered Google Buzz! Love it so far. I really like map and location apps. I don't Facebook or Tweet but I'm down with Buzz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek