not so incredible

csnipp

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
phone has decided to force close almost any added application all of a sudden. I have done a factory reset, phone is still running froyo, and is rooted. Suggestions on how to get this back to running would be greatly apprciated:(

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
phone has decided to force close almost any added application all of a sudden. I have done a factory reset, phone is still running froyo, and is rooted. Suggestions on how to get this back to running would be greatly apprciated:(

What sort of factory reset did you do?

After you rooted, did you make a nandroid backup of your phone?

csnipp

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
resets, both from the settings menu, and from recovery. I've been rooted for some time, this has happened today, I did make a backup but I cant get anything but the most basic functions of the phone to work. If this was a pc I'd consider wiping and restoring, but since its sick at the moment would I stand a greater chnce of bricking the phone if I tried putting a rom on it?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
resets, both from the settings menu, and from recovery. I've been rooted for some time, this has happened today, I did make a backup but I cant get anything but the most basic functions of the phone to work. If this was a pc I'd consider wiping and restoring, but since its sick at the moment would I stand a greater chnce of bricking the phone if I tried putting a rom on it?

If you would wipe and restore a pc, why don't you wipe and then restore your backup? In recovery do a factory reset/wipe data, and wipe the cache partition. Then restore your backup. If your backup is flawed, then you will know after the wipe. If the backup is fine, then wiping and installing will help.

If you are still on Froyo, I would suggest trying the GB rooted OTA rom on XDA. I put a link in the rooting and hacks section. I'm running it and I like it. It's completely stock with the add on options should you decide to tweak it to your liking. Hopefully you have titanium backup to restore your apps.

csnipp

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been working for the past couple of days and haven't had time to work on this. I cant seem to get the phone to boot into recovery, I select it and it boots to a black screen with two white lines up the long side of the display. I'm getting rather frustrated at this point.