So I was wondering how HTC will handle the upcoming Froyo for the incredible.
    Do you think they will pump out a Android 2.2 update when it's available? Or wait to develop a Sense UI with 2.2?
    05-21-2010 06:27 PM
    I think they're going to wait and develop Sense for the Incredible, since that was one of its selling points. However, 2.2 is supposed to be out for the Nexus One in a matter of weeks. Won't someone be able to hack that version onto the Incredible?
    05-21-2010 06:44 PM
    Ok, there is about 10 threads on this subject. I suggest that a mod sticky one with a good title so we can stop cluttering up the forum. Don't take it personal but please read the forum or search before starring a new thread.
    05-21-2010 06:47 PM
    Won't someone be able to hack that version onto the Incredible?
    not until we have root on the incredible.

and for some reason, people are not seeing the news bit (that has been posted on about every major tech blog in the universe) that htc has stated that 2.2 will be released to their 2010 launch devices (incredible, desire, mytouch slide and evo4g) in the second half of the year.
    05-21-2010 07:36 PM
    05-22-2010 09:37 AM
    if only.

what we really need is root and a custom recovery.
    05-22-2010 10:54 AM
    There is no way they'll push out FroYo to us that doesn't include Sense. No way.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until HTC updates Sense to work with 2.2 so they can push it out to us. It's really at times like these that I wish the Nexus One came out for Verizon.

I think Google needs to put more stringent requirements on the manufacturers that make their phones. Such as saying "If the device is able to be upgraded to 2.2, you must have the update released to your devices NLT 2 months after Google officially releases it on the Nexus One." The fact that some devices are JUST NOW getting 2.1 is absolutely ludicrous.
    05-22-2010 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD