Coming from 2.2 and can't get 4.08 to install at all!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried what everyone has mentioned here short of a FD reset and it tries to install ,but it stops and gives me the red triangle. I am at a loss.Tried wiping the partition cache and there is 500+MB of memory on this sucker. Anyone have any ideas before I try and do a FD reset? And will that even do anything?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
well, I did a FD reset and it did not help at all. The phone works fine on 2.2. Guess noone has any ideas, so this phone is forever stuck on 2.2
:(

mrmuhles

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have given up too. I am happy with where I am and I guess there is not much I can do about that. :( I have tried it all too and it is now not worth the effort and time lost trying to get it to happen. I will just continue to ignore it when / if it comes up again. Best to you all and and Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating today!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
FD reset did not work for me, so i googled for the latest update file and found the 4.08 update image file on phandroid and downloaded it. I installed via hboot and voila! it finally worked and everything is running fine. So if anyone is still having trouble grab the latest file and update manually and it might help you.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i think you should count your blessings that you're on 2.2 because 2.3 will destroy a lot of things on your phone including the constant "phone storage is low" messages so you won't get notifications until you clear every single kilobyte you could possibly clear out of cache from your apps which is what i'm having to do on a daily basis, if not multiple times a day.

EvanBarr

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
FD reset did not work for me, so i googled for the latest update file and found the 4.08 update image file on phandroid and downloaded it. I installed via hboot and voila! it finally worked and everything is running fine. So if anyone is still having trouble grab the latest file and update manually and it might help you.
I didn't see the file on that site. Can you put up a link?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana