Battery Temp, what is normal?

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
how the heck are you guys finding out what your battery temps are? i cant imagine that many people running around with thermometers :)

Any CPU monitoring app will most likely do that. I use Systempanel and had OSmonitor before. Both work fine, and I'm using Systempanel only because its aesthetically more pleasing.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
how the heck are you guys finding out what your battery temps are? i cant imagine that many people running around with thermometers :)

I use Battery Indicator. It's a free app in the store.

I didn't get it for the temperature, rather, I got it for the percentage of charge remaining.

Techkie

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Li-ion
When charging 0°C to 45°C
(32°F to 113°F)
When dischanging–20°C to 60°C
(–4°F to 140°F)
Good charge/discharge performance at higher temperature but shorter life.

Vectorre319

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Battery temp, what is normal

Last night, while surfing the web, I noticed that my battery temp was 101 degrees. Seems kind of high, is that normal? What are other people seeing?

Re: A temperature of 101 degrees Fahrenheit is a high battery temperature. The normal range for prolonged battery life is 62 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. High temperatures over 95 degrees (35 degrees Celcius) can decrease battery life and temperatures lower than 50 degrees (10 degrees Celcius) can permanently shorten battery life. My battery temperature is usually 75 to 92 degrees Fahrenheit (24 to 33 degrees Celcius).

High temperatures often result from high RAM usage, extended use if on- screen/ moderate to high brightness display, thriving in hot environments and many operating apps.

Take a 5 to 10 minute timeout every 15 to 30 minutes to allow your device to cool. Also remove phone cases, since they can trap and conduct heat radiated from hot devices. Also stop and disable redundant apps and wallpapers since they also consume battery power and heat devices as well.

Last edited:

Ilari Kuusisto

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
Hello! I just used *#*#4636#*#* and other more things, and i saw my phone battery temperature was 53°C celsius (its 127.4 fahrenheit). Is it normal? I could not touch the phone without hurting myself. Tell if its not normal

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08