Manual Froyo update technique working on N1...would it work on the Incredible?

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
oh,its being written, just not finished yet. believe me they are workin on all kinds of stuff for this phone. hold off for a few weeks and see.:cool:

Being written, yes. I'd be surprised if it's more advanced than an early alpha.

Doesn't change the fact that we're not going to get our hands on it anytime soon.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Being written, yes. I'd be surprised if it's more advanced than an early alpha.

Doesn't change the fact that we're not going to get our hands on it anytime soon.

you will be awfully surprised what people come up with in the android community...... i bet you they have updates that are already written that wont come out for years already

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Considering HTC works closely with Google, as Google said, they have the time before the release to work on things. They have their hands on pre-release stuff on a constant basis so it's not like HTC woke up this morning and went, "OH SNAP Google released 2.2 this morning on the Nexus, we need binaries!!"

They know and have been working on it, it will come out in due time. I just hope we ain't waiting on VZW to ok anything or we'll never get it.

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
you will be awfully surprised what people come up with in the android community...... i bet you they have updates that are already written that wont come out for years already

The only way we're going to be seeing 2.2 in the near to intermediate future is if someone manages a root exploit and we can install a ported version ourselves.

heavensblade23

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it's not looking like we're going to get root anytime soon either unless something falls into our laps. Anything obvious has already been tried and found not to work.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it would be nice if HTC would just give is a method to root it and throw an "at your own risk" license agreement on it.

it would make life so much easier....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
it would be nice if HTC would just give is a method to root it and throw an "at your own risk" license agreement on it.

it would make life so much easier....

I couldn't agree more, and I'm sure this has more to do with service providers than the device makers or google. If it was totally up to Google we would have root to begin with and it would ask us to setup the extra security if we wanted it I would believe.

Hopefully fingers crossed since Google pushed 2.2 out pretty dang fast to the Nexus we may have something here pretty quickly. I want to play with 2.2 bad!

RE4SON

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I doubt something is going to get leaked anytime soon. Google said themselves that the update would be available to OEMs in a few weeks. At best i would say HTC and all the other manufacturers JUST got it along with Nexus users. And NO im pretty sure HTC did not get the update earlier than everyone else otherwise other manufacturers would cry foul. HTC has to put sense on froyo THEN it has to go through Verizon. I'm thinking maybe at LEAST a month or two.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy