newbie wants to know.........

TenYearsAfter

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
i am currently off contract w verizon using a razor flip phone. saw a used incredible for sale at a resale store.
i need:
reliability> on call 24/7
casual surfing

seems to be a good phone. apprecite any info

thanks

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You're joining the party a tad late lol.

I too am on call 24/7 and mine has been extremely reliable, I'm rooted and running a custom ROM (not sure what I mean? Search Rooting basics on this site, I'm sure you'll find it)

I've had mine since launch day and the only issue I really ever face is battery life. If you're only using is as a traditional "phone" I'm sure it'll last a while, once you start surfing, texting, streaming music etc etc it takes a toll on the battery.

Overall it is/was a great phone, thats why there was a shortage of them when they first came out.

Another option, if you don't mind going contract you could get the Incredible 2 free but again, you'd have to go contract.

Personally I love my Inc, even if it a little long in the tooth now but I'm not fussed about 4G, I don't watch movies on my phone so I don't need an HD display, and I'm not really an audiophile so while Beats may sound awesome it's something I can live without.

Good luck.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
+1 to Wanda.

I too have had my Inc since release, rooted and running a custom rom. I agree that, while a GREAT phone, it's 2+ years old. Support is slowly going away from this phone. My contract is also up and with my loyalty discount, I can get the Tbolt for free or the Bionic for $49. I will probably be leaving the Inc before the end of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci