New Email Count Bubble gone?

anon(448477)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Before I upgraded my Incredible to Gingerbread (not rooted, just manual upgrade) - I used to get a little bubble on all 3 of my email accounts (AOL, Gmail and Exchange) that would tell me how many unread emails I have in each. (this is on the main "page" of my phone - I think it's the home screen).

After the upgrade that little bubble is gone ::'( I really miss it - how can I get it back?

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Before I upgraded my Incredible to Gingerbread (not rooted, just manual upgrade) - I used to get a little bubble on all 3 of my email accounts (AOL, Gmail and Exchange) that would tell me how many unread emails I have in each. (this is on the main "page" of my phone - I think it's the home screen).

After the upgrade that little bubble is gone ::'( I really miss it - how can I get it back?

If it was removed from the system software, then it can't be added back. There are 3rd party apps and widgets in the Market that will do the same thing though.

Protip: It's redundant to have your Gmail set up through HTC's Mail app. It's already coming through the Gmail app anyways, so the phone's working twice as hard. The Gmail app offers way more features and also works on push, so it uses less battery. If you really like HTC's setup for whatever reason, at least go in and turn off Gmail sync in your settings.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the little green circle with the number of unread messages on the mail envelope? Mine is still there, post-upgrade. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the mail accounts?

anon(448477)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't have GMail coming through HTC's app, I have it on the separate GMail app. - I have 3 separate icons, one for each account so I can keep them separate.

I am talking about the little green circle with the count of unread emails. I've uninstalled and re-installed all of my email accounts repeatedly, it just doesn't come up.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have GMail coming through HTC's app, I have it on the separate GMail app. - I have 3 separate icons, one for each account so I can keep them separate.

I am talking about the little green circle with the count of unread emails. I've uninstalled and re-installed all of my email accounts repeatedly, it just doesn't come up.

I've never known that to be a stock feature of the Gmail app/icon. Are you sure it's not a 3rd party app doing it?