After GB, Battery Uptime won't Zero

JLDCFO

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So, After many failed OTA updates to GB, I finally had Verizon walk me through it yesterday. had to brick the phone to factory setting, but the update went ok after that. Got all my apps back, all seem to be working ok.

However, I've noticed that my battery UPTIME and AWAKE time never seem to zero after shut-down and re-boot like they used to. It just keeps going/going/going. I think battery life is ok so far, but I used to be able to monitor my battery by reviewing the up and awake times to make sure nothing was running in the background, really can't do that on a daily basis now. The battery times will reset to zero with a battery pull, but why should I have to do that with GB? Didn't have to with Froyo.

Anyone else experience this, and if so, is there a resolution?

Thanks, Jo

Last edited:

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So, After many failed OTA updates to GB, I finally had Verizon walk me through it yesterday. had to brick the phone to factory setting, but the update went ok after that. Got all my apps back, all seem to be working ok.

However, I've noticed that my battery UPTIME and AWAKE time never seem to zero after shut-down and re-boot like they used to. It just keeps going/going/going. I think battery life is ok so far, but I used to be able to monitor my battery by reviewing the up and awake times to make sure nothing was running in the background, really can't do that on a daily basis now. The battery times will reset to zero with a battery pull, but why should I have to do that with GB? Didn't have to with Froyo.

Thanks, Jo

It shouldn't be doing that. The timer should reset every time the phone is powered off, no matter how that is accomplished.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Try going to menu, settings, power, and see if you have an option for "fastboot." If you do, unchecked it. It keeps the phone from doing a full shut down hence your uptime is never reset.

Forza Nightmare

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, Jo
I had the same problem. While I know if fast boot is checked in settings, your phone does not completely reboot when you tell it to shut down. I think it is similar to putting your computer to sleep rather than shutting it down. I haven't actually tried to uncheck fast boot like Wanda suggested, although I bet it works. What I have noticed is if I charge my phone completely to 100% while the phone is turned on, unplug charger, and then check battery the uptime will reset. If I plug in to charge, but unplug prior to fully charged the battery timer will go on and on for days. Makes it look as if I have been on battery power for days or even weeks.