Any better deal than what I see online?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Are there any better pricing on plans, or different plans, than what I see online?

I like the Incredible, but VZW's plans are a little more than I need, and therefore the prices are higher than what I need.

ETA, like lower minutes than what I see online, etc.

Last edited:

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No, sorry - Verizon is the only carrier with the Incredible, so if you want the phone..you're stuck with their plans. Most carriers put the cap on lowest minutes to around 400-450.. I agree though - I wish there more options for the people that use less minutes.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
They do have a hard of hearing or deaf plan.

$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing
Plan includes:

* Unlimited Messaging
* Unlimited Web Browsing
* Unlimited Data Usage
* Unlimited Personal Email
* Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25

Appropriate documentation is required though and it will only save you money if you seriously do no talking on the phone. Voice per minute applies to all calls, including phones calls with in Verizon's network.

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
What you see is what you get. There really isn't any way around the carrier plans. Thats how they make their $.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That's true! That's why you always see sprint (for example) charge less for voice/data because they know Verizon charges more for the same thing.

ShitGoose

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon store will usually have the cheapest prices. The rep told me that they can match anything and usually have the lowest prices off the bat.

I got my Incredible for $116 after everything was all said and done

Price with 2 year: $299
New Every 2 returning customer: ($100)
Mail in Rebate: ($100)

Price: $99 plus tax

What a steal for such a powerful smart phone. I paid more for my stupid MOTO RazR 2

novacellx

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you speak an average of 120 minutes or less a month, $0.25 a minute could potentially save $10 to $40 a month over the base 450 minute plan. If you are lucky enough to have something like Google Voice, well this plan would have you set.

$54.99 monthly access for the deaf or hard of hearing
Plan includes:

* Unlimited Messaging
* Unlimited Web Browsing
* Unlimited Data Usage
* Unlimited Personal Email
* Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25

Text Only Messaging Plans from Verizon Wireless

You could potentially negotiate for that plan with a Telesales representative, just have patience and calmly explain your usage scenario. They can be reached at 1-866-745-4679. If you don't reach someone that seems to know what service you are trying to receive, just try again another day.

I have been using Virgin Mobile for years, but recently found myself needing data services even more so than voice. I was speaking an average of 40 minutes or less a month at $0.20 a minute and I only needed to to Top-Up $15 every 90 days.

Last edited:

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon store will usually have the cheapest prices. The rep told me that they can match anything and usually have the lowest prices off the bat.

I got my Incredible for $116 after everything was all said and done

Price with 2 year: $299
New Every 2 returning customer: ($100)
Mail in Rebate: ($100)

Price: $99 plus tax

What a steal for such a powerful smart phone. I paid more for my stupid MOTO RazR 2
I don't think thats what the OP is referring to. What you're talking about is phone pricing, and anyone is eligible for that price (barring that they have the NE2 to use) so the rep was just using his salesmen techniques to make you believe you got "the best deal in town." I paid the same for mines and I pre-ordered it (alot more on tax though because the tax in California is based on the original price of the phone - thus a $50 dollar tax :().

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you speak an average of 120 minutes or less a month, $0.25 a minute could potentially save $10 to $40 a month over the base 450 minute plan. If you are lucky enough to have something like Google Voice, well this plan would have you set.

Actually, doesn't using google voice still require dialing through an access number?

novacellx

May 11, 2010
Visit site
(alot more on tax though because the tax in California is based on the original price of the phone - thus a $50 dollar tax :().

I hate sales tax, my telesales representative was surprised with the total of my bill because it did not include a sales tax. Living in a state with no sales tax can be quite a perk.

Actually, doesn't using google voice still require dialing through an access number?

I was more referring to the features that would use data access. If I understand the functionality correctly, for example voicemail, you could potentially avoid calling your own Verizon voice-mail and get the similar features of Visual Voice mail without the monthly cost.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae