So, I ordered my Dinc 5/14, and will have it in hand 6/7. As of now, I have my ZAGG Invisible Sheild, just ordered a 16GB card, and will be buying the black silicone case/skin from VZW soon. I will have all accessories in hand before I even get my phone.

OKAY ... I have two more weeks until I get my Dinc. I am running out of things to read about regarding the Incredible. Does anyone have suggestions on how to occupy my time while waiting? I have been reading a lot of forums, viewing tons of reviews on YouTube, etc ... I even downloaded and have started reading the user manual ... I am driving myself nuts here! Anyone have any new bits of info/junk on the Dinc?

THANKS!
    05-24-2010 09:27 PM
    I feel for you, man.
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 09:31 PM
    BTW, I just read my post, and yeah ... I sound pathetic, but I am sure you all (or most) can understand. LOL
    05-24-2010 09:32 PM
    Memorize everything on these forums and you'll be an expert before you get your phone!
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 09:44 PM
    Memorize everything on these forums and you'll be an expert before you get your phone!
    Just about there. LOL
    05-24-2010 09:45 PM
    Man that must be painful. I couldn't even wait an extra day to get my phone. (I preordered, and when it got shipped a day before the official release date, I was at work and wasn't home. Phone was at a sorting center and was going to be redelivered the next day if I didn't go pick it up. Went to the sorting center as soon as I saw the door tag)
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 09:52 PM
    Honestly, I would stay away from the forums. It killed me when people got their Incredible's a day or two early...I was dying. So I would just unplug for a while.
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 10:02 PM
    Yeah I was thinking about unplugging for a while until I get the phone, and have attempted it, but I always end up right back here ... slow days at work. LOL
    05-24-2010 10:05 PM
    one thing that i did was get all my apps planned out. Go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and you can create an account and read about/pick all the apps that you are interested in trying.
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 10:09 PM
    I've been waiting for my phone for two weeks now, but I sure have learned a lot on these forums!
    wryun likes this.
    05-24-2010 10:23 PM
    Every night my wife asks "are you looking at that stupid phone again?" Of course I cut my eyes at her but it has no effect on her. I have been reading everything I can get my hands while I what. I feel kinda bad reading the Android Central on my BB, but such is life. I ordered my inc on the 14th also. I am hoping mine will come in before the 6th. I am leaving for a business trip on the 6th and will be crazy pissed if it is not here before I leave.

Laters,
    Aaron
    05-24-2010 10:44 PM
    My wife said the same thing, followed by, "You're such a geek". Do yourself a favor, stay away from the videos and reviews because they all just repeat the same information. Do yourself another huge favor and read this forum from front to back, entire threads namely the ones about battery life, task killers, power management, and various problems. It will save you a lot of time when your phone gets here and you can say "oh I know what's doing this!" instead of either having to just figure it out like most of us had to do because nobody had the phone long, or you'll know where to look. READ READ READ.

Another thing I did when I was waiting and driving myself nutz waiting was unplug,I was PC burnt out too I work with them all day and night, so I went outside You know it's summer time, warm, beautiful weather.
    05-25-2010 01:21 AM
    Man that must be painful. I couldn't even wait an extra day to get my phone. (I preordered, and when it got shipped a day before the official release date, I was at work and wasn't home. Phone was at a sorting center and was going to be redelivered the next day if I didn't go pick it up. Went to the sorting center as soon as I saw the door tag)
    Lucky dog, you...
    05-25-2010 01:29 AM
    one thing that i did was get all my apps planned out. Go to AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and you can create an account and read about/pick all the apps that you are interested in trying.
    Thanks...this will help kill some time.
    05-25-2010 01:39 AM
    Honestly, I would stay away from the forums. It killed me when people got their Incredible's a day or two early...I was dying. So I would just unplug for a while.
    That works.....for about 5 minutes until you pull your current phone out to find out what time it is, and then you suddenly remember that you got this new HTC Incredible coming from Verizon and that it's your first smart phone then your like "noooo not another week" So then you go on the android forums just to get your fix for android news.

lol

I'm sure I speak for about 90% of the user base here waiting for there Incredible. lol

05-25-2010 02:01 AM
    This whole thread makes me laugh, just because I'm in the same boat. Mine's still on order, and I'm using my S1 to read and post to this site...... I just got "the look" about being on this site about a phone about 5 minutes ago. lol
    05-25-2010 02:16 AM
    Thanks for all of the great advice. Keep it coming!
    My wife made a funny, but sadly true comment. I was talking to her yesterday about when I will be getting my Dinc. When I told her it arrives 6/7 she said, "Good! At least I know we have two weeks to pack in as much family time as possible before you get your new phone." We both had a good laugh, but I know there is some truth to it. That comment kind of woke me up. We ALL need to remember "family time" or time with that special person when it comes to our toys. Remember, our spouse/bf/gf and KIDS mean more than a phone, even if it's the most incredible phone in the universe. Put it down from time to time, spend time with your kids, spouse, significant other. Especially when they jokingly make comments, there is always truth behind it. Watch for the signs of them feeling neglect, and have the power to set personal things aside and give them the needed attention. Luckily, my wife loves to read in the tub, so she is in there a few times a week, which gives me my geek time. Even I feel neglected at times when she is reading in the tub, and when I tell her, she acknowledges it and gives me the time and attention I need.

Anyway, that was my rambling ... so yeah, back to our toys! LOL
    05-25-2010 10:00 AM
    Family time....I can sit and talk with the wife and kids while checking out youtube on the DI.....or check my email.....or play a game.....or browse forums.......
    05-25-2010 10:16 AM
    Family time....I can sit and talk with the wife and kids while checking out youtube on the DI.....or check my email.....or play a game.....or browse forums.......
    I am waiting for that day when I will be able to do that as well, or at least when it won't be such a big deal if I whip out my phone for a few minutes now and then. I am sure as time passes my wife will be less bothered. Most likely the reason she feels this way now is because I have been neglecting in the past and let my tech interests take over. I am getting a lot better with it, but she still makes comments now and then. At least now it's more of a joke, but still ...
    05-25-2010 11:27 AM
    Have any of you watched the YouTube coverage of Vic talking about FroYo?! It's a good 40+ minutes. I enjoyed it!
    05-25-2010 11:29 AM
    Yeah I caught that live on their Youtube channel when I/O was going on. It's exciting thinking about the speed increases as well as some of the new options they give us. Should be interesting to see the next incarnation of Android for sure.

As far as the wife goes on my end, she just understand I'm a gadget freak. When you do IT for a living it behooves you to keep you head in every corner of tech because you never know when someone will call up needing information on servers, software, phones and need to know an honest opinion on what YOU think. So partly she puts up with it, sometimes you just got to remember what's more important and remember that phone will be there tomorrow or later that night.
    wryun likes this.
    05-25-2010 11:49 AM
    Yeah I caught that live on their Youtube channel when I/O was going on. It's exciting thinking about the speed increases as well as some of the new options they give us. Should be interesting to see the next incarnation of Android for sure.
    I am stoked for FroYo on the Dinc! I am interested to see if VZW blocks the tethering & WiFi hotspot to make us pay for the built-in features. As far as Flash support goes, it's nice to know the option is available. I am really looking forward to purchasing music in the Market, browsing the Market on my computer and "syncing" wireless, and streaming my music library over 3G.

As far as the wife goes ... sometimes you just got to remember what's more important and remember that phone will be there tomorrow or later that night.
    That is an excellent comment!
    05-25-2010 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD