06-03-2010 12:47 AM
105 ... 2345
tools
    Actually Verizon does offer it too. And I have a feeling most other companies do too. For an individual who wants unlimited talk and text it is 89.99 a month a believe. Here is the website if you want to double check:

Mobile Service Plans: Verizon Wireless

Plus you get unlimited data for $29.99 a month too. So for around $120 a month you can have unlimited everything.

And on Sprint the simply everything was $100. That included 3G data but you need 4G data and the 4G data plan says it is $60 which is way more than verizon. Plus that is unlimited 4G and only 5GB of 3G. Here is the sprint website.

Sprint - Define Region

Please stop spreading false info. It's not that the carriers offer unlimited minutes plans, which yes, they all do. The mobile-to-mobile referred to here means you can call any mobile phone, on any carrier, at any time without spending minutes. You only spend minutes if you're roaming or you call a landline. That's on all currently-offered Sprint plans, I believe, including the 450 minute plan.

Now, as to your 4g assertion, NO, you don't need to add a $60 plan. That's the data plan for computers using USB modems or Overdrive hotspots. For the Evo, if you get the Unlimited Everything, it's $99 + the $10 Evo Premium data plan (that everyone on Android Central has been lamenting all month). If you get the 450 minute plan (remember, free calls to all cell phones), you're spending just $80/month. Either way, that's still $10 cheaper than Verizon's comparable 3G plans... a great deal if you're in a 4G area. There is a $30 charge if you want to use the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature though.

You can say that Verizon has better coverage than Sprint (I agree), but I live on a rock the size of Rhode Island in the middle of the Pacific (a good part of it mountains, where you just don't go), so there's not a whole lot of ground to cover. So I think 4G coverage will be pretty good here, especially after seeing Sprint's coverage map.
    05-26-2010 04:30 AM
    I came from the MOTO Droid with 2.1 overclocked to 1.2 gig with jit enabled and most of the system apps I don't use removed from phone memory. It was setup for speed and was nice but no way I'm returning my incredible . The phone is fast and very well set up . I just can't wait till its rooted and running 2.2 with sense and flash 10.1 !
    05-26-2010 08:16 AM
    I nor my wife will be returning our Dincs.
    05-26-2010 09:05 AM
    I came from the MOTO Droid with 2.1 overclocked to 1.2 gig with jit enabled and most of the system apps I don't use removed from phone memory. It was setup for speed and was nice but no way I'm returning my incredible . The phone is fast and very well set up . I just can't wait till its rooted and running 2.2 with sense and flash 10.1 !
    Lets hope that getting 2.2 on the Inc and the Evo is very similar so HTC will be able to get it done quicker and will have more motivation to keep pushing updates into next year with gingerbread.
    05-26-2010 09:12 AM
    Actually Verizon does offer it too. And I have a feeling most other companies do too. For an individual who wants unlimited talk and text it is 89.99 a month a believe. Here is the website if you want to double check:

Mobile Service Plans: Verizon Wireless

Plus you get unlimited data for $29.99 a month too. So for around $120 a month you can have unlimited everything.

And on Sprint the simply everything was $100. That included 3G data but you need 4G data and the 4G data plan says it is $60 which is way more than verizon. Plus that is unlimited 4G and only 5GB of 3G. Here is the sprint website.

Sprint - Define Region
    You can polish a turd, but it still a piece of sh*t. I don't want to turn this thread into a giant debate but sprint service is horrible. At least where I am located. I'm sure the Evo is going to Sprint for the sole reason of trying to attract more customers.
    05-26-2010 09:27 AM
    I'll eBay mine when the iPhone is available on Verizon. Until then it's close enough.
    05-26-2010 11:07 AM
    I'll eBay mine when the iPhone is available on Verizon. Until then it's close enough.
    It's more than close, it is better. Pretty much Every tech site has said as much and even stated that Apple is now playing catch up with the Android OS.
    05-26-2010 11:15 AM
    Im returning mine. It has completely consumed my life. Girl left me, Job fired me, Parents dis-owned me, and my dog ran away.

Jk of course. I am going to however go to best buy and try and wheel and deal $50 back because amazon has it for $50 less.
    05-26-2010 11:20 AM
    Im returning mine. It has completely consumed my life. Girl left me, Job fired me, Parents dis-owned me, and my dog ran away.

Jk of course. I am going to however go to best buy and try and wheel and deal $50 back because amazon has it for $50 less.
    Just pull the Amazon ad up on your phone to show them. I did that with a camcorder and they unhappily matched it.
    05-26-2010 11:21 AM
    I thought the same thing until I started using this phone (and I love Apple products). Now I think the iPhone had better do some amazing new things to get me to switch over . And we didn't even get Froyo yet! I think Jobs made a huge mistake in having such a long deal with ATT.
    05-26-2010 01:15 PM
    Front facing camera..big deal
    With Froyo the Incredible will have WiFi Hotspot
    My Incredible has HD quality YouTube
    HDMI out to TV....another whoopee
    Qik can be downloaded from the Android Market on my Incredible but have no use for it
    Sprint doesn't have football app anymore...Verizon does
    Mobile to Mobile calling? Are you serious? Who doesn't offer that?
    Kickstand? Another joke.
    Oh and Sprint service sucks.
    I will stick with my Droid Incredible

I'm not arguing for any phone against the other, but sprints Mobile to Mobile is different than everyone elses. Most carriers (VZW for example) offer free mobile to mobile to other VZW customers, Sprint is free mobile to mobile to any mobile phone regardless of carrier. It's a big deal to me but not to everyone.
    05-26-2010 08:20 PM
    Ahh thanks Bodar for clearing that up. Now I know what they meant by mobile to mobile calling. And I remember hearing about how it was going to cost 10-20 bucks for 4G but i didnt know its for sure what going to be $10.

You can polish a turd, but it still a piece of sh*t. I don't want to turn this thread into a giant debate but sprint service is horrible. At least where I am located. I'm sure the Evo is going to Sprint for the sole reason of trying to attract more customers.
    Just like he said though you can try to make sprint sound great but my gf has sprint and her service isn't great at all. Her texts get delayed she doesn't receive calls, etc. Sure with you living in such a small place and getting 4G it might be great but the point of having a mobile phone is to travel with it. And once you leave your area coverage won't be great.
    05-26-2010 09:47 PM
    I'm def keeping mine, best phone I've ever owned, hands down. Although, my top two complaints would have to be:

1. The displays poor visibility in direct sunlight.
    2. Somewhat poor battery life
    05-26-2010 10:40 PM
    1. What phone doesn't!
    2. Buy an extended battery.

Get a perfect phone!
    05-27-2010 12:00 AM
    1. What phone doesn't!
    2. Buy an extended battery.

Get a perfect phone!
    For paying 570 dollars for the device itself, we shouldnt have to dish out additional cash just to get a battery that lasts longer then a few hours. Thats pathetic...
    05-27-2010 12:16 AM
    Kind of like complaining about you computer not having a big enough monitor isn't it. I only paid $175 for mine and I think for $40 it's a deal to not have a battery life issue. You get good battery life on the stock battery 8-10 hours with light usage, carry a charger. Either way your problem is solved.

$570 for the phone lol you got ripped off......
    05-27-2010 12:46 AM
    Ahh thanks Bodar for clearing that up. Now I know what they meant by mobile to mobile calling. And I remember hearing about how it was going to cost 10-20 bucks for 4G but i didnt know its for sure what going to be $10.

Just like he said though you can try to make sprint sound great but my gf has sprint and her service isn't great at all. Her texts get delayed she doesn't receive calls, etc. Sure with you living in such a small place and getting 4G it might be great but the point of having a mobile phone is to travel with it. And once you leave your area coverage won't be great.
    I don't doubt your GFs troubles, but again it's all about your particular location and where you travel. I'd love to be able to travel all over the place, but I go off-island maybe once a year, and this Fall I'm only going to Maui, where they also have 4G. Never had any problems on the mainland either, at least in the Northeast. So Sprint works fine in my particular case. Every dog has its day, eh?

I'm sure that Sprint has a lot of holes in its network, compared to Verizon. It's still cheaper though. If it weren't, and I wasn't in a 4G area, then yeah I'd probably already have the Incredible, since that phone kicks *** as well.
    05-27-2010 06:42 AM
    I don't doubt your GFs troubles, but again it's all about your particular location and where you travel. I'd love to be able to travel all over the place, but I go off-island maybe once a year, and this Fall I'm only going to Maui, where they also have 4G. Never had any problems on the mainland either, at least in the Northeast. So Sprint works fine in my particular case. Every dog has its day, eh?

I'm sure that Sprint has a lot of holes in its network, compared to Verizon. It's still cheaper though. If it weren't, and I wasn't in a 4G area, then yeah I'd probably already have the Incredible, since that phone kicks *** as well.
    That makes sense then. I wasn't dogging sprint as a carrier just that where I am located the service is horrible. I also live in a city where verizon and att are the main "competitive" carriers and Sprint is the BoostMobile type carrier. The EVO is supposed to give the incredible a run for its money..so to you.
    05-27-2010 08:11 AM
    Kind of like complaining about you computer not having a big enough monitor isn't it. I only paid $175 for mine and I think for $40 it's a deal to not have a battery life issue. You get good battery life on the stock battery 8-10 hours with light usage, carry a charger. Either way your problem is solved.

$570 for the phone lol you got ripped off......
    Yep. I had to pay retail for it + California tax = raped with a 10 foot pole for the price. Hence my reason for being a little more picky.
    05-27-2010 08:59 AM
    I wont be returning mine. Love it, just hope they get Facebook resolved soon!
    05-27-2010 01:56 PM
    I guess it's OK to throw away the shipping box since I will not be returning my phone. I think it's great, so far. I went for nearly a year out of contract, doing my research, weighing the features, and in my area, the coverage is reasonably good from the other 3 carriers. No phone (including the iPhone) sounded like a "must have" until the Incredible came along. After 30 days...I still think it' s incredible

Here's some of what I love: phone is sooo fast and responsive;

the growth potential of the open Android OS - I think it's the future of computing;

getting apps and updates OTA and not having to sync to a desktop.

My main concerns: phone quality (strangely enough, I've had some dropped calls and voice cutouts);

Android market is too unorganized and there needs to be desktop access;

will HTC start pushing updates faster or will we be left hanging after this phone stops being the flavor of the month???

Concerns, not dealbreakers -- the DInc with 2.1 on VZW rocks!
    05-29-2010 08:39 AM
    i love mines even more now that i downloaded beautiful widgets
    05-29-2010 08:47 AM
    Have had mine for 18 hours and am totally in love with it. I am sitting on my deck working on the computer and listening to Pandora over wifi on the phone....I want to get through those first few power cycles people speak of quickly.

I can't imagine going back to the Storm. I have also been playing with my friends' iphones and couldn't quite understand the persistent passion over that phone. It is really getting outdated. I kept hearing about the customization options on the DInc, but now that I have realized them, I am AMAZED! I almost don't know what to do with all those customizable screens in the sense UI. I love it...

As for the screen in sunlight, I placed it side by side with my Storm and they did not seem very different. I always got that rainbow glow with the Storm too. Just a little shade and the screen looks fine. Too much sun is bad for you anyway!! :-)

The battery is another story. I am in the middle on this one. If the overwhelming number of people are dissatisfied with its life then maybe HTC should consider packaging the phone with the 1700?mA battery...(I remember having a Samsung WinMo phone that came with 2 batteries!! A slim one and an extended one. Why couldn't companies do that now?) Otherwise, dishing out a few bucks for the other battery isn't the end of the world...

Crap, the Pandora app just crashed...hmmm....have I spoken too soon...NAH! :-) Enjoy your phones folks!
    05-29-2010 12:02 PM
    For paying 570 dollars for the device itself, we shouldnt have to dish out additional cash just to get a battery that lasts longer then a few hours. Thats pathetic...
    My point exactly! I am sure future firmware updates will fix this, but it won't be soon enough! I'd return the phone before I buy more crap
    05-31-2010 11:55 AM
    My point exactly! I am sure future firmware updates will fix this, but it won't be soon enough! I'd return the phone before I buy more crap
    Wow could have saved yourself the trouble by waiting a day or so after release and reading some reviews before you go out and "buy more crap". I knew the battery was a weak point before I bought the phone and I ordered mine on 4/30, so I already knew I would either be on the edge with the battery or ordering a new one before I was happy. I bought a new one and haven't been happier with battery life.

Of course this is someone coming from a Blackberry, so it may be me considering I would rather spend $40 than put up with on going issues. lol.
    05-31-2010 03:04 PM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD