Why does this phone have so many problems?

rofsilk

May 10, 2010
Visit site
... This is an Android Device, not a BB, so it is geared more towards the everyday user but with the right setup, works great for the business user also ...
I am aware of the differences between uses of an Android device versus a BB, battery life wasn't my point. Like I said, I've used BB's as well as WinMo's high end phones.

with the 95% satisfaction rate, I would say you have a lemon...
I doubt seriously you can back up that statement ... however, I do agree i possibly have a lemon.

I promise you ...
A promise is a fool's comfort ... nothing personal, of course.

It seems some of you may have misunderstood my message. I love my Droid phone and if it so happen I have a lemon then that's what I am going to say. It's been my experience thus far. So, If I buy a brand new Ferrari that stalls/won't start just about every other day, does it really matter that Ferraris are high end, very expensive sports car that most guys dream of?
Do I have to park it at a certain angle, under the sun, for exactly three hours because otherwise it wont start unlike my Infiniti g37? That's my point.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any of the listed issues except the battery getting hot and that only happens when using navigation for a long period of time. If I was having all these problems I would be going back to Version to get a replacement or looking hard at some of the third party apps I have installed to make sure their not cause reboot. This phone has been very stable and smooth just like my MOTO Droid was.

revlimiter

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I received my INC on 4-29. Since then I have experienced:
No battery pulls
No random reboots
No freeze ups
No overheated battery
Perfect bluetooth integration
No camera shut downs
No "creaky" battery door
No call quality issues

I got mine on the 30th, and I have had the exact same experience. So, +1.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems some of you may have misunderstood my message. I love my Droid phone and if it so happen I have a lemon then that's what I am going to say. ...

Well then knowing that you may have a lemon, will you continue complaining that this phone has so many problems rather than returning it for a new one? To use your Ferrari analogy as an example, rather than taking it to the dealership to see what the problem is and having it fixed, you conclude that all Ferraris have problems.

Last edited:

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am aware of the differences between uses of an Android device versus a BB, battery life wasn't my point. Like I said, I've used BB's as well as WinMo's high end phones.

I doubt seriously you can back up that statement ... however, I do agree i possibly have a lemon.

A promise is a fool's comfort ... nothing personal, of course.

It seems some of you may have misunderstood my message. I love my Droid phone and if it so happen I have a lemon then that's what I am going to say. It's been my experience thus far. So, If I buy a brand new Ferrari that stalls/won't start just about every other day, does it really matter that Ferraris are high end, very expensive sports car that most guys dream of?
Do I have to park it at a certain angle, under the sun, for exactly three hours because otherwise it wont start unlike my Infiniti g37? That's my point.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/13606-satisfaction-poll-please-vote.html cough cough

jbh00jh

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I think from what I read daily on 5 forums most of the complaints are blown way out of proportion. My phone has great reception , and I live way out in the burbs. Still get 2 bars and 3g all day long.
As far as the battery , it (1500mAh) lasts all day and I charge it overnight.
This handset is a computer that you talk on. How long does your laptop last unplugged with heavy usage. 2-4 hrs ? You can plug it in at work and in the car and you will have plenty of juice. If I am out all day , I carry a spare batt in my briefcase.
And haven't had problems with Bluetooth.
After reading all the forums , maybe 5 - 10 % of the posters are not happy with this phone. The vast majority are .

Last edited:

rofsilk

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Well then knowing that you may have a lemon, will you continue complaining that this phone has so many problems rather than returning it for a new one? To use your Ferrari analogy as an example, rather than taking it to the dealership to see what the problem is and having it fixed, you conclude that all Ferraris have problems.
I've been asking Verizon for a replacement. They just don't have any available. Now, I am told I should get a replacement on 6/11. My Ferrari analogy wasn't intended to draw general conclusions. Just my own personal satisfaction or lack thereof.

119 votes is hardly representative, my friend.

For the record, I don't understand, and probably never will, why some of you spend so much time defending a product you have no personal stake in. It's very important for people to know both sides of the story. I kinda noticed here as soon as anyone complain about the Inc, a lot of people start jumping talking about user error, oh u dont know how to use your phone blah blah blah ... The heading of this thread asked why so many people are reporting problems with their phones and I replied since I found it applicable. I never even bothered to make my own thread complaining about the problems with the phone. It is what it is. Some of yo guys need to chill unless you getting a check from HTC and/or Big Red

Last edited:

locoman56

May 12, 2010
Visit site
No problems that I havent overcome. Got two extra batteries and a charger for $13.50 off eBay and I haven't turned back. I love this hand held laptop IE, Phone!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but you can't really cite a poll of 119 people taken on a forum dedicated to the device as an accurate source.

The OP said he was worried about all the complaints ON THIS FORUM. Thus, by showing that poll where 95% said satisfied, this goes to assure him that the vast majority of users are loving their phones and that most of the issues seem to be centered on a few users that have lemon phones, which can happen to any device. Remember the cracking hinges on the DS Lite? Or the reports of iPod batteries exploding? When you are selling 100,000s or millions of devices, these things happen. Its important to keep it in perspective though.

Now for my personal use, I have had to pull the battery once. I was doing some hackery though so I was not shocked when it happened. Other than that, no issues. I love my Inc <3

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
A little insulting to hear all the comments about newcomers to the Droid coming off Blackberry and deemed as unintelligent on how to use a smart phone. That's the big problem with the Inc. One shouldn't have to require advance degrees to learn how to use a phone. This is one of many reasons why the iphone is so successful.

Now, back to me. Received my Droid on 4/29 and have less than full satisfaction with it. There are tons of problems. I dont complain about battery life coz I take it as a given. Other problems, however, are not acceptable. I am, to this day, still suffering from random reboots (last Friday, 5/21, this phone sat on my desk at work and in a span of about 4hrs it rebooted seven, yes 7, times with no use at all and nearly fully charged. I've been on the phone with Verizon 3x since I received my phone because of the constant reboots.

For such a high end phone, voice quality is really less than stellar, device gets frozen, and so far had to do a factory reset twice already.

Full disclosure: Had a corporate BB for 7 years (various models last one being the bold); Other high end personal phones, the Tilt (modded over at XDA) and a T-Mo Touch Pro2 (TP2).

The incredible is really a bit less than impressive IMHO

The vast majority of INC users have none of these issues. Either your phone is defective or you are. Why do you still have it? Return it, get some other phone and save yourself all this aggravation.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but you can't really cite a poll of 119 people taken on a forum dedicated to the device as an accurate source.

No you can't, but it can be representative results of a wider audience. After all the TV ratings get pulled represent 100 million homes but the ratings paper work only gets sent to a few thousand......

As far as issues etc, battery life was my only concern, no issue because I could make it work if I wanted to bend my needs a bit. I solved it however by getting the 1750 from Seidio. Seems to be a brute, and working out nice over the last few days and expect it only to get better. I guess I'm either not as picky as other people or got a perfect phone because all the other issues haven't come up here.