I updated to Android 2.3.4 a few weeks ago. It seems my location is not working. If I just have google location services checked and nothing else I don't have the "location on" icon next to the cross hair. When I go to google maps it doesn't have me at the right location. Such as after work when I check at home it would still have me near work.

If I turn on GPS then the location icon shows up. I didn't have to have GPS on before the update to have the location service on icon appear.

Did 2.3.4 change this or do I have a setting wrong? I don't mind having GPS on all the time as long as its not killing my battery.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-08-2011 01:22 PM
    I updated to Android 2.3.4 a few weeks ago. It seems my location is not working. If I just have google location services checked and nothing else I don't have the "location on" icon next to the cross hair. When I go to google maps it doesn't have me at the right location. Such as after work when I check at home it would still have me near work.

If I turn on GPS then the location icon shows up. I didn't have to have GPS on before the update to have the location service on icon appear.

Did 2.3.4 change this or do I have a setting wrong? I don't mind having GPS on all the time as long as its not killing my battery.

Any help would be appreciated.
    1. There are 2 kinds of GPS - network GPS (which tower you're connected to) and satellite GPS (coordinates).

2. You need to have network GPS (VZW Location Services) turned on (at least) for apps to be able to locate you. Just having Google on will not work.
    12-10-2011 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD