Phone randomly deleting contacts?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So two people from my contacts list have been randomly deleted on two separate occasions. One was a coworker, and the other was my fiancee - I KNOW I didn't delete them by accident, I have just woken up to find them not in my contact list in the "People" app. Has anyone else experienced this?

ModernTenshi04

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issue. I've had to re-add them and it'll find their info somehow, but the fact that they went missing from my contacts list to begin with is absurd.

I'm seriously hating the way the contacts list on this phone works, like no other.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had contacts disappear...sort of, but not really. In my case, the name the user was sorted by changed because it was linked with a Facebook account(or similar) and instead of showing multiple entries, only one was displayed.

Steve in CT

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I was having weird things happen, too. I realized doing HTC Sync (from Outlook) and ALSO doing Verizon's Backup Assistant was messing things up. Had to wipe my phone in order to get Backup Assistant to stop. My problems went away.

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I hate Backup Assistant. Is there any way to disable it without wiping the phone?

I researched it at the time. Answer is no.

I use Outlook, so backups weren't as big of a concern for me. however, there is a built-in backup in the People app. Back up the contacts to your SD cardm, and you'll be good to go!