Best feature of the Inc?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, I have gotten really tired of seeing people do nothing but complain about the phone. And it seems that new/prospective users are getting the idea that the Inc has a myriad of issues with it. So I decided to counter the negativity with positivity! =]

So, what is your favorite thing about the phone? As in, what is the first feature you would tell someone if they asked you if they wanted to buy an Inc (or any Android phone coughEVOcough)?

Mine would be showing tethering to my laptop using PDAnet =]

after that, wireless syncing with iTunes using TuneSync (read my guide to using it here! =] )

[edit] fixed typo in title

Last edited:

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I honestly have no problems with the Incredible. The only complaint, which it's really not, is the battery life. I'm fairly moderate on usage and I get a days worth (with bump charge). I did, however, order a Seido just to be safe. $41 on amazon- not bad.

Best feature, I would say is the beautiful, bright display & the speed of the machine. As far as a function, I would have to say the internet browser is intuitive and mighty speedy.
Coming from a BlackBerry, though, that may not be saying much, as opposed to if you came from a Droid.

If a person asked me why just not get an EVO- same thing but bigger! Exactly, it's bigger. I really don't want to carry that around with me. However, I wouldn't say "no" to one if one were offered =). And finally, Sprint vs. Verizon.
Cheers.

Last edited:

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
My favorite feature (as of today) is the voice-to-text feature! You can do it to search the web, type an email or send a text! Now that's tight.. :p

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can the built in voice program control every thing with in the phone? Open programs, scroll up, go to a web site, click "ok". etc.

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You are absolutely correct. People are looking for fixes for some of the minor problems. However, there are so many positives to the phone that need to be broadcast. Here are some of the things I LOVE about this phone and even though they are numbered, this is not the order of importance to me:

1. Voice to text is built in. (Vlingo to blackberry users)
2. Navigate is built in: Turn by turn voice directions
3. Battery life (wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, this did improve with bump charging: Google it)
4. Multitasking: while driving I listen to Pandora, use the Navigate, and take calls.
5. Android Central: so many people that are Incredibly savvy and willing to help others use their devices.
6. Quick, snappy user interface.
7. I like the Market Place. Good apps. They help interface your needs with the capabilities of the phone.
8. Verizon service: you just can't deny their coverage.

Every device has its issues. My son has a (excuse me Phil) dumb phone: The Samsung Intensity. It locks; however, when he sticks it in his pocket, sometimes it unlocks and dials out. But he really likes the phone. This is just an issue he has learned to live with. The Incredible has been named correctly. It is truly an incredible device. But the minor imperfections can be improved. That's what this forum helps accomplish.

Bottom line: I don't know of any other device I would recommend. The Incredible is just that: it is incredible.

Last edited:
Reactions: izzyncade
May 25, 2010
Visit site
the AMOLED screen is just awesome... I find myself just staring at it sometimes. but I'll agree with others and say all the voice capabilities work perfectly too

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
My only problem is the battery life. Everything else is amazing on this phone. I dont get why everyone is complaining this phone is amazing. It is so fast and never has any problems. With Froyo i feel this thing is gonna be a beast. I apparently the new java engine improves speed so much.

My favorite thing is probably the apps. There is basically an app for everything. Nothing beats the app store. Soon android will catch up to iphone app store. Another thing I love is the screen. I wish it was super AMOLED but cant complain. Multi touch is great.

I don't get why everyone seems to think the EVO is going to be so much more great than the INC. It is the exact same software, same specs everything. The only difference is 4G and a 4.3 inch screen. Also a couple other things like dual cameras and HDMI out. But I dont want a bigger screen because just uses more battery and 4G isnt in detroit area.

Wouldnt trade the INC for any other phone and everyone should know that. If battery life improves this thing would be amazing.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i love this phone. the speed of the processor, 8mp camera, memory size, responsive touch screen, crisp display, etc. etc...

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't come up with a single feature that I like about this phone. It would actually be a very long list instead. :)

After suffering with a BB Storm I quickly came to the conclusion that it was the worst electronic device that I had ever owned. Not just worst phone, worst device. I can safely say that the Incredible is one of the best, if not THE best electronic device I've ever owned!

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Uh, everyone is complaining about the phone? I dont think that's an accurate statement. Sure there are people on this forum that are looking for answers, but to say everyone is complaining about it sort of puts it in the same category as say the Blackberry Storm was in......and that just ain't the case, baby!

This phone is awesome.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Uh, everyone is complaining about the phone? I dont think that's an accurate statement. Sure there are people on this forum that are looking for answers, but to say everyone is complaining about it sort of puts it in the same category as say the Blackberry Storm was in......and that just ain't the case, baby!

This phone is awesome.

I was just noticing a number of threads titled "What's wring with this phone?" Or whatever and not really any talking about what was right about the incredible. So I wanted new or prospective users to have a thread like this where they could get the positive =]

And I will agree with everyone, the snapdraggon processor has lived up to all the hype surrounding it the past couple years I have heard about it. Couldn't be happier with the speed and responsiveness.

Reactions: CRKhead

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with Kyleg... I'm seeing a lot of "negative" posts about the phone, and while some are valid points, they surely don't make this a bad phone or cause an overall "negative" experience with it...

If I honestly had to pick only 1 thing that stands out over every feature is its speed... I had several files downloading from the market, 3 web windows open in the background, and was on Touiteur clicking on links and the pictures from Twitpic popped up almost instantly... My wife has a BB Tour she got only a few months ago and wants me to figure out a way to get her upgraded. Her Tour, fresh from a battery pull, took well over 5 times as long to load the same Twitpic picture...

I honestly don't know how I went so long without a smartphone... I never checked my email, except for work... Never read news websites or hung out on Twitter... Now, I'm exposed to so many more things just because the phone enables me to access them anywhere and any time I have a free moment... Before, that free time usually never coincided with my access to a computer to do those things...

The complainers are just that... They pick one negative thing and stick to it and are not happy until it's fixed... Even if they are using the phone for a hundred other things and enjoying all of them, they will rate the overall experience of the phone on the one item they perceive as negative...

Good thread!

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Whole New Incredi-World

I am a new smartphone user and while I consider myself fairly tech savvy, I have lots of "newbie" type questions or things about Android I just don't understand (mucho thanks for all the help in the Android forums). However, I am happy to take this chance to say that I do love my phone for lots of reasons:

1. "Incredibly" responsive processor
2. Bundled in Navigation "beta" that is waaay better than Vz Navigator
3. Phone camera that takes amazing pictures
4. Practically immediate access to the Internet - whether on wi-fi or 3G
5. HTC weather widget with those cool animations
6. Voice interface is so well done
7. Google earth - 'nuff said :cool:
8. Multitasking
9. Surprisingly high quality of free apps in the Android store
10. Over the air updates
11. Live wallpapers
12. Being able to add memory to my phone without buying a new phone (take that, Apple :p)
13. Overall thin, light, yet solid form factor

I could go on...but I need to take a phone call!

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I love everything about it. The speed, app choices, app storage, sense UI, system-wide search, beautiful screen. I wouldn't question anyone getting an Ego, but the Incredible form factor works for me. Its screen is the tiniest bit narrower than a 3gs but substantially taller. Very portable. Feels light but the power is amazing.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Dinc 2 days so far and the best things are:

1. Speed
2. Camera
3. Multi-tasking
4. Live wallpapers

But I'm sure that I've only begun to scratch the surface of this phone! Give me a few more days with this bad boy!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk