This is just a thought I had and wanted to get opinions. Not starting a rumor, these are my thoughts!

I am really interested in the Inc. I find it odd that they are on backorder so long. I am starting to wonder if they are actually fixing a few issues they found after the release. I dont recall even the iPhone taking this long with any back orders.

I am thinking the speaker rattle, signal issues and the random screen changing is being addressed. What are your opinions? Maybe 2.2 thrown in for good measure?

Robert
    05-25-2010 07:09 PM
    Maybe... Maybe not....

Personally, I think HTC/Verizon just got caught with their panties down....

And when the "Droid hit the fan!" on street date a started flying out of the stores at mach 1, HTC/Verizon crapped their pants!

Next thing you know, HTC can't get parts to make them as fast as Verizon is selling them...

Lesson learned....

Guess we will see with how Sprint handles the EVO.....

Cause honestly.... The Incredible would of by far been the biggest selling Droid device if they had been ready!

Lego
    05-25-2010 07:15 PM
    screen shortage
    05-25-2010 07:56 PM
    nuff said!
    05-25-2010 09:36 PM
    This is just a thought I had and wanted to get opinions. Not starting a rumor, these are my thoughts!

I am really interested in the Inc. I find it odd that they are on backorder so long. I am starting to wonder if they are actually fixing a few issues they found after the release. I dont recall even the iPhone taking this long with any back orders.

I am thinking the speaker rattle, signal issues and the random screen changing is being addressed. What are your opinions? Maybe 2.2 thrown in for good measure?

Robert
    You are over-thinking the problem. It is simply a well-documented parts shortage. Get in line!
    05-25-2010 11:36 PM
    The AMOLED screens that the Incredible is using are not in stock. Plain and simple. Theres no conspiracy theory to be made of it.
    05-25-2010 11:42 PM
    but where did they all go?!

05-25-2010 11:57 PM
    I heard MULTIPLE supply line issues. Today they have screens tommorow no chips, and then Friday no Cameras....etc. I think the whole chain was taken for a loop. I haven't see sales figures firm, but there was a couple of leaks of VZW orders of upwards of 350k on the blogosphere. If they sold that out and then had to backorder for a month...thats a lot of phones. I would bet these things are outselling Iphones 2 to 1 right now.
    05-26-2010 09:38 AM
    I heard MULTIPLE supply line issues. Today they have screens tommorow no chips, and then Friday no Cameras....etc. I think the whole chain was taken for a loop. I haven't see sales figures firm, but there was a couple of leaks of VZW orders of upwards of 350k on the blogosphere. If they sold that out and then had to backorder for a month...thats a lot of phones. I would bet these things are outselling Iphones 2 to 1 right now.
    Careful! There are a lot of rabid iPhone fans out there!
    05-26-2010 12:31 PM
    Good. Thanks.
    05-28-2010 01:12 PM
    The screen is only made by SAMSUNG and they keep up demand. This why the iPhone 4g is not amoled screens. How about we merge all these threads. And sit back and relax
    05-28-2010 02:12 PM
    The screen is only made by SAMSUNG and they keep up demand. This why the iPhone 4g is not amoled screens. How about we merge all these threads. And sit back and relax
    Also, more and more phones are migrating towards AMOLED, which means the Incredible is now one of many, compounding the problem of shortage. Samsung has said they will increase production by I believe 4 fold(I don't remember the exact magnitude) so hopefully they can keep up with demand this time.
    05-28-2010 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD