Friend Stream not working

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I havent seen a fix for this in the other threads, but my friend stream all of a sudden stopped updating, and when i click on it, a message pops up telling me to force close. has anyone come across this problem or a fix? i deleted my facebook account off of it and restarted the phone and added the account back and still no luck.

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Try deleting your fb account from your phone. Reboot your phone and then go to friendstream and add your fb account again (from friendstream, not from settings). Idk if it'll work but it can't hurt to give it a try. It fixed my problem, at least, although my problem was slightly different.

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
ok so heres how i fixed it for fyi... cleared all my cache and data for facebook and friend stream. that after that re-logged into my accounts, restarted the phone... nothing... then turned the phone off and took a page from my blackberry storm and pulled the batter.. haha yeah i know... but what do you know restarted and it worked.. so i dunno if it was the battery pull or a combination of everything but it works now.

njperry

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem for several days. I just now removed my account on the phone, shut down my phone, removed & replaced the battery, restarted the phone, and added the account. Now it works fine again.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
All I had to do was remove the Twitter account, as stated in another thread somewhere, the readd the account. No phone restart was necessary...

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried all the above and I'm still getting the error. When you all added your Facebook account did you add the account for Facebook for HTC Sense or just for regular Facebook?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
hmm I tried clearing the cache on facebook and friend stream cant seem to get it to work...maybe I will try the battery pull

A battery pull will do more harm than good. Try doing that with your laotop and see what happens... the Incredible has more in common with a laptop than a blackberry.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
This is why I think FriendStream is such crap. I have the same problems and have to fiddle with the accounts constantly. Finally just stopped using it. I really miss Socialscope for BB and wish they would come out with an Android app. Lets put some pressure on them.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have tried everything and can't get it to work so I have just decided to stop using FriendStream. It was nice while it lasted, but I fine the Facebook app works just fine.

HiImSeth

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, kinda weird how it just stopped working suddenly for a lot of us. I've messed with the accounts and stuff, but it still doesn't work. Actually the other day it was showing only Flickr updates, now nothing.

TheWay92

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have Droid Incredible and my friend stream is only showing facebook updates on the widget and the program force closes when i open it. So0o0o frustrating!!!!